How do you feel when you go over your calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Fat and disappointed with myself
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,214 Member
    Options
    When I was actively losing weight, I didn't go over my calories ever. That would have defeated the purpose.

When I moved to maintenance, I didn't care if I went over my calories. :)
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    The only time I feel down about it is if it was just a huge waste. Like I was just mindlessly eating crap I don't even like or want. If I have something really tasty it's worth it and I don't feel bad. Life's too short to not enjoy that fabulous piece of chocolate cake from time to time.

Me too. I work in a fine dining establishment, and there is almost always some plate of something in the back office. If I have some (or I score something from the kitchen during meal service) and it blows me away, calories be damned. It was worth the extra calories. If I eat something and it's meh, then I feel a little ridiculous for "wasting" the calories.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Go to the app
    Go to reports
    Check out net calories report over last 7 days
    Post the picture

This. Look at your weekly totals and see where your calorie intake is at.

OP started a separate thread to figure out how to do this.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    700 calories prob puts you around maintenance calories for the day, and will barely impact weight loss, so don't sweat it!
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    OP, three days ago you posted that you've always got calories left at the end of the day because you're not hungry. Check your weekly net total and try to reach your goals over a week. If you're under-eating by a lot on some days, that may explain why you went over today...but it might all work out right over 7 days.

I see you have looked me up

To be fair you do post quite a lot, and this is a "community" where people read and interact and remember each other.

Well then there is no problem. Let me post what i want please. Have a nice night.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I feel satiated.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,092 Member
    Options
    OP, three days ago you posted that you've always got calories left at the end of the day because you're not hungry. Check your weekly net total and try to reach your goals over a week. If you're under-eating by a lot on some days, that may explain why you went over today...but it might all work out right over 7 days.

I see you have looked me up

To be fair you do post quite a lot, and this is a "community" where people read and interact and remember each other.

Well then there is no problem. Let me post what i want please. Have a nice night.

Nobody said dont post what you want - they just said they use info from your other threads to factor in to answers in new threads.
    Not sure why you would object to that.

I feel nothing in particular when I go over my calories - either my losing calories ( when I was losing) or now, my maitenance calories.
    In fact, I go over many days - and under on other days. I don't expect every day to be exact same calorie amount because : Life: it is variance.
    I do like my weekly calories to be round about where they should be, preferably little bit under for 'safety net'
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me at all. Tomorrow is a new day. I don't dwell on the past.
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Are you 46 or 28 as your profile says?
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Are you 46 or 28 as your profile says?

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    won't the calories you're given be off if your age is incorrect?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,092 Member
    Options
    I think trout router was asking that to tunni, post above his - not to OP.

And Maybe tunni was saying she is 46 kg now, not 46 years old. And is 28 years old, like her profile says.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,214 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    When I was actively losing weight, I didn't go over my calories ever. That would have defeated the purpose.

When I moved to maintenance, I didn't care if I went over my calories. :)

This seems backwards to me. When actively losing there is a deficit built into your calorie target so if you go over one or two days in the week it's possible to still be in deficit for the week. In maintenance, for me, I'm more careful about those overages because I know I don't have that buffer to offset. Saying I don't care about going over cals in maintenance seems like a slippery slope to actual weight gain.

I maintained my slender weight for most of my life, and I exercise more when I'm maintaining. So my normal diet is ... maintainable. Sure I might go over, and I might gain a bit, but then I'll go on a long, long, long bicycle ride and lose it again. It's a comfortable balancing act. :) And I weigh myself every day so I keep tabs on what's going on.

But when I'm on a mission to drop weight (like if I've got a big climbing ride coming up), I watch my calories like a hawk because I must lose that weight.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about it because I look at the whole week.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Usually I feel full.

I generally try to stay around my maintenance calories when I'm splurging (such as with a holiday) Since I pre-log most days, I can see problem areas and have a rough guesstimate of how many calories I have available when unexpected treats come up.

It might be a good strategy to keep in mind as you go through your weight loss journey, OP :)