Holy baloney! I packed it on...

Options
lifewithkarlie
lifewithkarlie Posts: 3 Member
edited December 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I am sure I'm not the only one here who has woken up 45lbs later and went, "holy crap! I got fat!"

Welcome to my life. :p

My name is Karlie. 2016 has simultaneously been the worst and best year all at the same time. This year around my 24th birthday got my diagnosis after a 2 year struggle with fibromyalgia and chronic depression & tendonitis.

Experiencing high amounts of pain and fatigue then learning you'll be in pain for the rest of your life with no cure to date -- sucks. Would definitely top the charts on the "worst things that could happen" in your life right.

But sad stuff aside. Don't forget I also said it's been one of the BEST years. How the heck does that make sense? Well, I'll tell ya. It has liberated me. It's hard to put into words but I'm starting to put things together via a website.

Anyway.
As you can imagine over the years of becoming less and less capable of movement due to pain, fear of movement becsuse of potential pain or injury and some medication that causes the munchies ... I gained like almost 50lbs! That's almost half a person.

Now that my head is out of the dark I'm ready to get back in. My goals are the following.

Main goal:
1) Overall weight loss of 32lbs
(Goal date is July 1st, approx 6 months,
Average loss of 1lb/week)

Mini goals:
2) Adopt a healthier eating style that is easy and low maintenance
3)Increase my flexibility by partaking in yoga minimim 3x/week

Any love and support you can send to me on this journey would be appreciated.