Fitness tracker with second hand

Options
I need recommendations for a good fitness tracker with a second hand watch on it. I had a Fitbit Flex but need the watch for my job as an RN. I don't like wearing something on both wrists or doubling up things on one wrist. Recommendations please?

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    FitBit Blaze is the fist one that comes to mind. Also the Apple Watch, but I've no idea how good it is as a fitness tracker.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    FitBit Blaze is the fist one that comes to mind. Also the Apple Watch, but I've no idea how good it is as a fitness tracker.

As far as an activity/fitness tracker, the Apple Watch works as well or better than any Fitbit.

As far as what the OP is looking for in a second hand, it does have watch faces with second hands. The watch face isn't always displayed, but as of WatchOS3 you can set it so it displays for either 15 seconds or 70 seconds once you wake it, which is done either by turning your wrist or lightly tapping the display. I believe the change in display time was made primarily for EMS personnel, who often need to see the second hand sweep for more than 15 seconds when taking pulses, etc.

Only downside of the Apple Watch is that you have to also have an iPhone to take full advantage of its features. It won't connect to an Android device.
  • airforceman1979
    airforceman1979 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Blaze is amazing and has multiple face to chose from
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My daughter is in nursing school, and she wanted the fitbit blaze as she is working as a cna right now, and wanted something to notify her when its time to do certain things. Jury is out until her next shift, and a second hand would be nice for shifts. Still learning it so we shall see. (she uses android so no apple).
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Second Apple Watch if you use an iPhone
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse and I have the blaze and its great! You can set it to military time also!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

As far as an activity/fitness tracker, the Apple Watch works as well or better than any Fitbit.

As far as what the OP is looking for in a second hand, it does have watch faces with second hands. The watch face isn't always displayed, but as of WatchOS3 you can set it so it displays for either 15 seconds or 70 seconds once you wake it, which is done either by turning your wrist or lightly tapping the display. I believe the change in display time was made primarily for EMS personnel, who often need to see the second hand sweep for more than 15 seconds when taking pulses, etc.

Only downside of the Apple Watch is that you have to also have an iPhone to take full advantage of its features. It won't connect to an Android device.

That's great to hear. I've thinking about buying one since version 2 was announced, but was still considering a Fitbit. Hearing that it does as good (if not better) than a Fitbit when it comes to activity/fitness tracking makes the decision easier. Thank you :)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

AW works great as a fitness tracker, it's my main use for it. You can also switch between custom faces really easily.
  • dannygirl315
    dannygirl315 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse and I have the blaze and its great! You can set it to military time also!

So I can easily set it to have a second hand on the watch face? I'm also a nurse and a second is an absolute must have thing for me.
  • pmanney
    pmanney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I still use the original Pebble.