How much weight can I lose in 18 days? Need a quick start!!

Options
crimsongrey
crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
edited December 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I'm not looking for lifestyle changes right now, but am looking for a way to lose as much weight as possible over the next couple of weeks. I've already been eating pretty healthy and workout 5 days a week. In 18 days, I start a job that will help me lose weight without trying (a very physical job that I've done in the past and the weight comes off without me thinking about it). Has anyone followed a somewhat healthy plan for quick weight loss...maybe not a sustainable plan, but something that got you started with quick weight loss?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    A large number of people drop a good amount of water weight as soon as they start eating in a moderate deficit. I'd suggest going that route.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    True weight loss - meaning fat loss - isn't very fast. 2 pounds per week is considered "fast" for the myfitnesspal method, so you could lose 4 or 5 pounds in the 18 days until you start your new job using a caloric deficit and the maximum weight loss rate setting of 2 lbs per week.

You might lose a little more from water weight if you also cut out salty foods, processed foods, high carb/sugar foods & drinks, and things that tend to make you bloated.

What's the hurry though? Faster weight loss is harder and if you go into too much of a calorie deficit you risk adverse side effects on your health & mood. I usually don't recommend a loss rate of anything over 1 pound per week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Stop eating...
  • reneec257
    reneec257 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    No sweets, low carbs and drink plenty of water.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Under 20g of carbs a day...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    KetoLady86 wrote: »
    Under 20g of carbs a day...

Great for losing water weight - which comes back when you start eating carbs again

Very true but possibly good advice since it sounds like the op doesn't care if s/he loses water or fat. Anytime somebody stresses speedy weight loss I think they care more about scale weight than body composition.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    If you go really low carb, you'll dump a lot of water/glycogen weight...as fat goes, maybe 3-6 Lbs...
  • crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those who have answered the question thus far. Cutting out carbs, including alcohol is probably my best bet.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely cut out alcohol.