Favorite healthy food blogs?

Options
I love following along with food blogs, for the recipes, photos, and I also enjoy the writing. It's not that most of the food blogs I follow are unhealthy, but they're a little more indulgent for my current calorie goals (and I follow lots of baking blogs). But I am having the hardest time finding healthy food blogs where the writer doesn't bore me to bits! Somehow the personalities on many of the health food blogs are very white rice plain Jane and don't inspire me to cook at all. Entertain me, darn it!

The only exceptions I've found are Isa Chandra Moskowitz's blog, and thefirstmess.com--this girl does use some hard to find ingredients, but this is one of the best plant-based blogs I've found, and I am also kind of obsessed with her kitchen.

Are there any healthy food blogs that you keep up with regularly?

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I eat a regular varied diet but I often search out vegan or paleo recipes as the starting point for my own meals. I found a vegan food vlogger recently and she has a lot of really nice meals that I've used to make my own dishes already: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEp9gzQcCAbkDFnJwVB08wg
  • tofuligan
    tofuligan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian Times is the best $15 I've ever spent, and their website is pretty good. OhMyVeggies is one of my other favs
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My favorite food blog, that includes a lot of foods I consider healthy (lots of cooking with vegetables and legumes), as well as seasonal and inspirational cooking, is 101cookbooks.com.

I enjoy ohsheglows (plant-based), but tend to just look at it for ideas vs. reading it regularly, so have no clue whether you'd find it entertaining.

For me the joy of a food blog is about the photos and whether I get ideas from the recipes.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I like Making Thyme for Health and Skinnytaste. 100 Days of Real Food is a good one, too.
  • unicornumame
    unicornumame Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Minimalist Baker!