Putting food genie back in bottle after 10 day vacation!

Options
So I am hoping to gets some tips on how to go back to a more restrictive manner of eating after spending time on a vacation. I went to Caribbean for 10 days, and although I didn't go off the rails completely I ate substantially more than I have been for the last year. I didn't log for the vacation and I do not regret a single bite BUT I am home and having trouble getting back to my "normal". I still have 20 pounds to lose (after vacation 23.5!) Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Replies

• missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I would say meal prep. I'll be in a similar situation in a couple days. Make a menu for the next week, buy the items, prep everything and just stick to eating what's on the menu. Buy sensible snacks in case you are feeling a little hungry. Don't keep anything tempting in the house. Make sure you're drinking water in between meals to stay full.
  • LifeNewandImproved
    LifeNewandImproved Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Timely for me - I went bananas over Christmas and ate way too much. I think just being really strict and hyper-vigilant with yourself is the key. Usually for me, the cravings are gone after three days, but those first three days totally suck.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Think I'm gonna go to bed earlier than usual .. I normally don't eat when I sleeping .. at least I don't log it if I do lol

Good luck
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I can't take the genie out. I think I have to be the one that eats just at or slightly over maintenance on special occasions while in a deficit. But that's just me.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Just focus on getting back into your routine of logging food and staying in your calories. I wouldn't be surprised if you were back down to pre-vacation weight after a week of being back on schedule. Good Luck!