Whole 30 - January 1, 2017

Options
SharGetsHealthy
SharGetsHealthy Posts: 1,232 Member
Hi folks. I am planning on starting the Whole 30 on January 1. Please join me and we can keep each other motivated.

Replies

• cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am starting on the 3rd! Been spending some time this morning getting my shopping list and meal plan put together.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    What is Whole 30?
  • wanna_be_free
    wanna_be_free Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    whats whole 30? id love to start somthing from 1st jan
  • whittanywood0224
    whittanywood0224 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm doing something similar and would love to be added to the group. I'm starting the 1st or 2nd
  • SharGetsHealthy
    edited December 2016
    Options
    tj1376 and nikki_elliott1, basically, you cut all sugar, dairy, grains, legumes and alcohol for 30 days. You also avoid any processed foods, so lots of fruits and veggies, meat, nuts, etc. You are not supposed to count calories, just cut the crap. You can read more about The Whole 30 here.

I have never done it before, but I thought it look interesting. I did South Beach about ten years ago and it was similar but you could have low fat dairy on South Beach. At the end of the two weeks of Phase 1 on South Beach I felt amazing, so I'm hoping that the Whole 30 will have a similar effect. If you google The Whole 30, there are also some good blog articles on it.
  • spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm in from the 1st
  • SharGetsHealthy
    Options
    I have never started a "group" before, but I will go and see about doing that and then I think we have options about being an open or closed group, etc. More control over things.
  • newkelly2012
    newkelly2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on January 1st as well! Glad to find a group to go through it together! I'm trying to start now by gradually phasing some things out. We are having our family Christmas this weekend so I'm trying to modify some of our Christmas foods to make it Whole 30 friendly, but I also know there will be some I won't want to alter or avoid. Here goes!
  • keepsiejess
    keepsiejess Posts: 51 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Im starting on the 2nd and would love some support. Im not weighing in until the end.

[Edited by MFP Mods]
  • manther88
    manther88 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much doing the whole 30. I've been transitioning right now. Getting ready to go fully to Whole Foods once I can go shopping. Starting workouts on January 3rd. Heck I'll join in! I need some challenges in my life
  • heathmcdaniel
    heathmcdaniel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on the 1st. I would love support and guidance. Made it two weeks last year and gave up. I want to succeed this time!!
  • tracy4511
    tracy4511 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do we join? I seriously need to start afresh. I lost 50lb and ive piled almost 28 back on :'(
  • Just_Sha
    Just_Sha Posts: 61 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    starting on the 2nd. I need the detox after the holidays. This lady ate everything. Even the stuff I KNOW causes me digestive issues.
  • access2003
    access2003 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started on Dec 27 so I'm on day 4, but I'd love to partake...
  • SharGetsHealthy
    Options
    access2003 wrote: »
    I started on Dec 27 so I'm on day 4, but I'd love to partake...

I have not done it before access2003. How are you finding it? Is it really difficult to give up some of the foods?
  • SharGetsHealthy
    Options
    I have been sick with a flu/cough bug for the last few days and just had a houseful of company leave, so I many bump my start from Jan 1 to Jan 2, just to give myself some more prep time.
  • SharGetsHealthy
    Options
    There is now a group called Whole 30 - 2017. I have sent everyone who said they wanted to join an invitation. I won't be posting on this thread anymore.
  • eomidwife
    eomidwife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please add me? I can't seem to figure out how to add myself
  • jgwriternyc
    jgwriternyc Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Starting on Mon Jan 2nd, sure looking for some weight loss, but really want to kill my bad habits of eating bad food, and eating late at night.... Solid 3 meals per day, some almonds & cashews for snacking, and instead of eating a full meal at 11PM (after work) I will only have an RX bar... which taste really good.!

Good Luck everyone!!!
    Jeff in NYC....

[Edited by MFP Mods]
  • lindagrimm904
    lindagrimm904 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I want to be on this thread! I hope I'm not too late!
    1/1/17 201.6
    1/6/17
    1/13/17
    1/20/17
    1/27/17
    1/31/17

CW 201.6
    GW 140 or 150 Per Dr.
    WL