Onward with progress

Options
That1Chick_Brit
That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
edited December 2016 in Success Stories
Hello lovelies. I haven't posted in the forums in awhile but I've been browsing today and figured why not. This is my current and before. The current was taken a couple months ago but is pretty much exactly where I still am. Ive been at a stand still for a bit. To be honest, I was doing well, then divorce came, and a move, and a new job, and I lost sight of my goals and ambitions for a bit but at least was able to maintain. I'm now rededicating myself and have decided to start lifting too. This progress you see has been done through circuit training. I've also joined a different gym today. One that's much closer to home and has day care so keep your eyes peeled for some more progress pics soon! I'm gonna give it my all. If anyone has any beginner lifting tips please message me and help a girl out.
o15m6ocvky0r.jpg
wxo9vu4ztihx.jpg

Replies

• coloradokat78
    coloradokat78 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Amazing! How much weight have you lost?
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options
    Thank you @coloradokat78 just over 40lbs so far
  • coloradokat78
    coloradokat78 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I too have lost 40 pounds by lots of HIIT. I have found that lifting weights has really sculpted and changed my shape. I have been the same measurements as I am now, but am way more toned and happy with the way I look. When lifting form is key. Start with low weights and move up, making sure that you maintain good form.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options
    I too have lost 40 pounds by lots of HIIT. I have found that lifting weights has really sculpted and changed my shape. I have been the same measurements as I am now, but am way more toned and happy with the way I look. When lifting form is key. Start with low weights and move up, making sure that you maintain good form.

Wow! Congrats. Thats exactly what im looking for. Thanks for the tip!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    You look great! I don't have any tips because I'm a beginner too but I just wanted to say good for you for getting back on the MFP wagon! I am amazed at the amount of major life changes you went through (all so stressful-be they positive or negative) and are still coming back fighting!
    You are a stronger person than I! Good luck on your journey!
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    You look great! I don't have any tips because I'm a beginner too but I just wanted to say good for you for getting back on the MFP wagon! I am amazed at the amount of major life changes you went through (all so stressful-be they positive or negative) and are still coming back fighting!
    You are a stronger person than I! Good luck on your journey!

Thank you so much. Its been a rollercoaster for sure, but Ive never been one to give up or roll over. Even in my most stressful times, I knew if I didn't give up, id eventually be okay :)
  • Eash84
    Eash84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 40 pound loss!
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options
    Thank you @Eash84
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm sending hugs. I'm sorry you had to deal with so many difficult changes. It's amazing that you maintained through it all. And you're going to do awesome getting back on track! My best beginner lifting tip is to be careful and make sure you use proper form. I have a bad shoulder from lifting too heavy too fast without learning proper form first. Also, a lifting program helps. New Rules of Lifting for Women and Nia Shanks are good. I just started Strong Curves (after lifting for a month with Strong & Sculpted).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!