Former Athlete. gained weight. Need motivation

Options
I posted in "Introduce Yourself" with the same title, but I need tips and motivation to get back on track! Today is my first day of really watching what I eat and workout out hard. I used to weigh 150 four years ago and now I weigh 195. I am 5'10 and 22 years old. I used to play volleyball and workout twice a day...I need to get back to that! I want to be able to wear tight clothing and not feel like everyone is judging me and I don't want to feel like all my "fatty" areas are pouring out. Please help with any tips or motivation quotes :)

Replies

• Kellyluksich13
    Kellyluksich13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im in the same boat! Im a former college athlete, but now after a baby am feeling very uncomfortable in my own skin. I'd like to lose about 20 pounds and just regain my tone. I feel like I'd do well with an accountability partner, to encourage and motivate each other. Interested?
  • huber_19
    huber_19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im in the same boat! Im a former college athlete, but now after a baby am feeling very uncomfortable in my own skin. I'd like to lose about 20 pounds and just regain my tone. I feel like I'd do well with an accountability partner, to encourage and motivate each other. Interested?

Yes very interested!!! I'm also new to fitness pal so I'm in the process of figuring all of it put when it comes to communicating! So forgive me if things mess up lol
  • huber_19
    huber_19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wear tight shirts because I refuse to size up and retailor my clothes. It's a several thousand dollar investment.... so I never really care if someone thought my belly was pushing out a little bit. I wanna keep my wallet happy.

My two cents to you is to religiously log your food/exercise a few weeks and get into the habit of eating right and exercising as much as possible. And also a bunch of accountabilibuddies help as well.

Thank you for your input! I take all advice and motivational comments to heart!!