Could this be water weight?

Options
Today I had a slice of cake, a pancake, three snack sized snickers, two beef hot dogs with one bun, an oz and a half of cheetos, six now and laters and an apple. I gained a pound :( could it possibly be water weight?

Replies

• incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    BTW, I dont know the calorie count in the pancake or the cake. Got it from someone else. I just estimated. I just lost 0.6 of a pound over the past few days and was aiming for 2100-2200 as a cheat today. :(
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Food still in your gut. It has weight.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    1 pound is well within the range of normal daily fluctuation. Understand that all food and drink weighs something and that if you weigh yourself before eating, eat 1 lb of food, and then immediately weigh yourself again, you will have gained weight. Similarly, if you urinate approximately 8 oz, you will lose a half pound.
  • incisron
    Options
    Did you weigh later in the day, after eating allof that? If so, the "gain" is likely just the extra food currently sitting in your stomach. Imagine stepping on a scale with a plate full of all that food in your hands. You'd expect the scale to read a little heavier, right?

Oh, I hope so. I got back to trying to calorie count a few weeks ago and just got a scale five days back. I weighed 211.4-212 something five days ago, but have dropped to 10 now, though I bet some of that is water. I need my little 0.6 lb :( I just wanted to have treats today.
  • incisron
    Options
    Thx :)
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    That's all very carb heavy foods (pure sugar really) which likely will have you retaining water. I'd recommend keeping cheat days like that fairly rare and not a reward for a few good days and half a pound lost. You realize that a day like that likely gained back whatever you had lost right? Instead maybe choose ONE thing to fit into your day as a treat and mix in some exercise for good measure.
  • incisron
    Options
    I feel like a failure now.
    Thanks, everyone. I'll wait to see what tomorrow brings.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    Today I had a slice of cake, a pancake, three snack sized snickers, two beef hot dogs with one bun, an oz and a half of cheetos, six now and laters and an apple. I gained a pound :( could it possibly be water weight?

LOL weight does not "gain" within a few hours of eating it takes about a week for what you eat to actually be converted to fat.
  • incisron
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

I hope you feel better today.

You aren't a failure. This isn't a big deal. It's the kind of thing that freaks out new dieters (trust me, you aren't the only person to get worried about something like this.) After you've been at this awhile, you'll wave it off without a blink.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I hope you feel better today.

You aren't a failure. This isn't a big deal. It's the kind of thing that freaks out new dieters (trust me, you aren't the only person to get worried about something like this.) After you've been at this awhile, you'll wave it off without a blink.

Very true .. the one day weight loss program has not been invented .. if I thought I couldn't eat something every now and then I would be a lost cause

OP hang in there and good luck

• incisron
    Options
    Thanks, you 2. Got up this morning and was down again. I feel a bit better.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates about 5 lbs/day. Don't worry about daily movements as long as your long term goals is going down.