Feet!

Options
So I took the effort to buy new trainning shoes to do my workouts in.. tried them out and felt good.
Roll on today offical first workout in them and 5 mins into it tge very soles of my feet start to hurt. I crack on through carry on.. still pain and now start burning so I shake them off and give them a few secs breather and virtually instantly the pain stops.. but once start working out for few mins again the foot burn starts again..
Is this just my obese body tell me it don't like me moving?

Replies

• jannerbirdy75
    jannerbirdy75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The bottom of my feet use to hurt when I didn't wear the right training shoes. I have flat feet and if the shoe support was not right, my feet would kill after a few minutes!
  • LittleMaid17
    LittleMaid17 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The bottom of my feet use to hurt when I didn't wear the right training shoes. I have flat feet and if the shoe support was not right, my feet would kill after a few minutes!

Thank you i had my feet tested before and I have high arches that one over prop' on the outside of my feet and got told the ones I brought should help but the burning is horrid
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Take them back to store they weren't fitted properly

Out of condition will be less likely to hit the soles of your feet than shins, calfs and other muscles in your legs

Your shoes are supposed to support your soles
  • LittleMaid17
    LittleMaid17 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Take them back to store they weren't fitted properly

Out of condition will be less likely to hit the soles of your feet than shins, calfs and other muscles in your legs

Your shoes are supposed to support your soles

Thank you i will do that.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    That's the sensation I get when my shoes are too narrow. Glad you're taking them back, don't suffer through it.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My feet hurt when they aren't good shoes. For instance, I can't wear Sketchers because the soles are too thin for me. I only wear New Balance.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    i have high arches too. if mine are either fit to tight or tied too tight the nerve across top goes to sleep and causes pain. Running shoes should often be full size larger than regular shoes. I also do better in a shoe with a wide toe box for same reason. l would HIGHLY recommend a true running store if you went to a regular sporting goods store.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I will wear my new fitness shoes just walking thru my house for a few days before I work out in them. Seems like if I go straight from the box to working out I have the same issues. I guess I like to "Break them in" before working out in them.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,852 Member
    Options
    I just got over Plantar Fasciitis that I had for 9 months and finally had to go to the doctor for it. I have very weak arches and needed special orthodics, not to mention a steroid shot. My feet feel great now and the doc said I can start back to my walking workouts now. I asked him about new shoes and he recommended New Balance, Brooks, or Asics.
    43501 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    So I took the effort to buy new trainning shoes to do my workouts in.. tried them out and felt good.
    Roll on today offical first workout in them and 5 mins into it tge very soles of my feet start to hurt. I crack on through carry on.. still pain and now start burning so I shake them off and give them a few secs breather and virtually instantly the pain stops.. but once start working out for few mins again the foot burn starts again..
    Is this just my obese body tell me it don't like me moving?

Yeah, I'll just back up what everyone else here has said. It's worth putting in the money for quality shoes with good (targeted) support.

I have no arches and completely flat feet. I used to run and attempt aerobics in these bulky cross trainers. My soles, ankles and knees would be KILLING me after about 10 minutes.

I switched to lightweight running shoes with a lot of shock absorption and was able to run pain-free for the first time in my life.