Whole30 Round 2!

Options
Hey guys and gals! I am starting my second round of whole30 on January 2nd, anyone want to join me? A little extra support is always nice <3

Replies

• SaffronMonroe
    SaffronMonroe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What is the whole 30? I need a buddy to help motivate myself
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

It's extreme elimination for people that have digestion problems or food sensitivity issues that they are trying to resolve. Some people lose weight (not the programs original intent) because there are so many restrictions.

Not for me - I've lost & regained. This time I will ONLY make changes (to lose weight) that I intend use for maintenance (aka lifestyle changes).
  • sbooski
    sbooski Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Look up whole30.com and it lays out everything you would need to know! you are eliminating added sugars, processed foods, grains, soy, dairy for 30 days. You are permitted to eat as much compliant food as you would like and it really does help. I did my first round 3 months ago and have kept a lot of the same principles and have been eating much better than i had. I went from a 10 pants to a size 4 but also had COMPLETE relief from my Crohn's disease. Its not supposed to be a lifelong diet, more like a reset for your body :) Hope that helps
  • Calikat61
    Calikat61 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing Whole30 Beginning January 2.
  • manther88
    manther88 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Whole 30 is basically Whole Foods only. I am transitioning into this but it's not whole 30. I'm doing it for life. Lol
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Whole30 is quite difficult
  • ComeOnEileen66
    ComeOnEileen66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my second round of Whole30. I am so excited because I felt so much better when I was on it then when I wasn't.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I am on my first day, it is hard and I am doing it for more than weight loss. I am trying to identify some digestion issues and also looking to lower (and keep lower) my A1C. When I had my blood work done my numbers were very close to being labeled as pre-diabetic.
  • lks802
    lks802 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did a whole 30 and it was restricted more than I needed. As an above poster said, it's not intended to be long term. It's a restrictive diet to identify food sensitivities. A side effect can be weight loss. It's a good way to kick start a whole food nutrition.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I started R2 January 2nd as well! Would like some friends to go through it!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly clean most of the time but find that when I try to go 100% clean and whole real foods I can be more susceptible to temptation and when I go off plan I REALLY go off plan. I guess it's only 30 days so I MIGHT be capable of that, but really do like being about 90%ish clean & healthy but leaving that 10% or so allowance for treats without guilt. Sometimes I don't even have any treats/unhealthy foods, but it's comforting to know I can if I want to.