New Goers to the GYM?!

Options
Hello all!

I just signed myself up for the gym today because I know if I put it off for another day, I most likely won't go and today's the first official day of my life-style change--there's no better time than now.

Anyone recently started going to the gym or will be going soon? I'd love to become friends to share gym stories!

**I've never been to a gym and I am really nervous but excited!** :o

ST: 250.3 (need to weigh myself tomorrow, weigh-in from a few weeks ago)
GW: 140
20 y.o. female / Apple Shape / 5'4

Replies

• RunWildYoungBeauty
    Options
    ST is an error, meant SW :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,988 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You'll find lots of people willing to help you there. It's fun!
    43501 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm not really in this demographic, I've been a regular gym attendee since... June 2014, I think. Before that the first time I signed up was in 2010, but in those first four years I just could not be consistent about it. I'd go for 1 month and then not turn up at all for another 3.

I've been a part of 3 different gyms and all I can say is that the "culture" of each is really different depending on where you are. But that's if you talk to people and the staff and regularly attend classes, which I stopped doing, and now I just do solitary workouts at 11PM for 6 nights of the week.

So since you're new, I'm going to post what I think is the best advice ever on this subject from Terry Crews, read and absorb it:

K5sZvdT.jpg

The most important thing is just to go every day. Even if you don't feel like it, you have to force yourself for a while and eventually it'll become routine and second nature. If you're having an off day just walk on a treadmill or elliptical while listening to good music or an interesting podcast or something. But you have to go. Good luck.