Best weight loss routine for beginners

Options
zaputilr
zaputilr Posts: 5 Member
edited December 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello everyone!

So I'm feeling frustrated about weight loss--I used to do total body workouts for the most part, where I would do a combination of strength training and cardio in a solid hour setting, which had kept me slim for a few years. But I stopped for awhile though after getting a full time job and have gained about 25 pounds.

Now I am determined to lose that weight, and I have switched over to gym machines, since now I work somewhere where there is a low-cost gym nearby. But it seems like half hours on ellipticals/treadmills/etc the past few months just are not making my weight budge no matter how much I up the resistance, and machines honestly to me are boring so I lose motivation sometimes to even go. I figured machines are better but I am not seeing any results. I don't think my diet is the issue, as I eat a good amount protein/low carb foods and cut out junk food.

I'm wondering if I should just go back to my total body workouts, but I also have been out of the game for awhile so figured I'd ask for tips/advice on here as well? Or workouts you would recommend?

I just feel frustrated overall, because I really want to lose weight but just don't know what's best. It has caused me to lose motivation overall somewhat. And I cannot afford a PT by any means to help me.

Replies