Runners - The years bling collection

Options
MeanderingMammal
MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
edited December 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
So what's everyone collected over the last year?

Here are mine, all trails as I don't do road racing:

araccmv27du9.jpg

From top Left:
  • Larmer Tree Half Marathon (March), Giants Head Marathon (June), Bovington Half Marathon (December)
  • Bad Cow Half Marathon (August), East Farm Frolic - 12Hr Ultra (August), Ox Half Marathon (May)
  • Dark Ox - Night 10K (May), Clarendon Marathon (October), Light Ox - Daylight 10K (May)

Not quite to plan, I'd had to downgrade the Larmer from the Marathon due to a calf injury.

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    RNR Dallas half and the 5k (earned the remix medal)

Nice set :)

What gets you the Remix?
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    No pictures of the bling but here are the bibs. I did 2 half marathons, 1 full marathon, a 10 miler, a couple 10k's, and a bunch of 5's.

I think my partner would lose the plot if I wanted to mount the bibs.

5Ks are too painful for me

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    RNR Dallas half and the 5k (earned the remix medal)

Nice set :)

What gets you the Remix?

Doing the 5k the day before the half. They also offer additional medals if you run the RNR in different cities.
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    Doing the 5k the day before the half. They also offer additional medals if you run the RNR in different cities.

Cool, the three Ox race were over a Saturday and Sunday, with the Light Ox Saturday afternoon, the Dark in the evening and then a choice of Half, Marathon or 36mi Ultra on the Sunday. The Half was hard work, although to be fair refueling at midnight with Fish and Chips washed down with a pint of Cider possibly wasn't the best idea.

They've re-organised the 2017 event with a 12 hour Ultra or 50 mi Ultra on the Saturday, Dark on Saturday night, then Light on Sunday morning with the Half starting later in the morning, late enough to be able to do both.

The multi event weekend was good, but hard.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    @kathakraz Which race gave away the cat? :D

I would definitely enter a race if there was the opportunity to win a cat.

I didn't get much in the way of bling this year, but scored a few sweet race shirts. And ran my best ever 5k. So I'm happy.
    7tyn61mirgtg.jpeg
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    kathakraz wrote: »
    Craft Brew Races 5k (July)

I like this one :) The long races usually have cider or beer at the 10/ 20 mile aid stations, and you generally get a 500ml bottle in the goodie bag
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @kathakraz Which race gave away the cat? :D

• Madux1818
    Options
    This gives me a goal to shoot for, nice bling!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I learned this year to turn my bling into Christmas Tree decorations. That way when I get them out next year, it's a fun reminder.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the bling here!!

This has been my 1st year running, but I managed to collect a respectable amount of bling. ;)

aq7samgv3cyo.jpg

The sapling, wooden leaf and red ribbon were from my 1st half marathon. I placed 2nd in my age group.

Gold medal on the far left was from my 1st 5K.

Next gold medal was 1st in my AG for a 15K trail race at night. The wooden plaque holding the medals is for winning female Masters in that race.

The blue medal on the right is a finishers medal for the Dallas Half Marathon.

The wooden parrot trophy was for winning female Masters in my 1st 10K.

Looking forward to running my 1st marathon and then getting some half marathon trail races in fr 2017!!
  • bkbenda
    bkbenda Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone. It was a light race year for me. 15K-Gate River Run. 5K-Black Creek. 6K-Thanksgiving Distance Classic. Looking forward to adding more bling in 2017!534gq5cqvvuw.jpg
  • Madux1818
    Options
    Awwww, I want a medal so badly I'm going to work hard to get one. These pics inspire me more than you know.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Come and race in Portland (OR) if you want beer, lol... It seems to be at the end of every race, whatever the distance. I did a "Pints to Pasta" with my sister. They told us at the finish, "Take two!!! Then you won't wait in line!" It was 9:30 in the morning! :lol: Then again, my sister and I generally don't do organized runs that don't offer beer...
  • Madux1818
    Options
    I learned this year to turn my bling into Christmas Tree decorations. That way when I get them out next year, it's a fun reminder.

Good idea!

• Madux1818
    Options
    Come and race in Portland (OR) if you want beer, lol... It seems to be at the end of every race, whatever the distance. I did a "Pints to Pasta" with my sister. They told us at the finish, "Take two!!! Then you won't wait in line!" It was 9:30 in the morning! :lol: Then again, my sister and I generally don't do organized runs that don't offer beer...

Sounds like fun, in addition to all the beautiful views of Oregon!