Weight loss

Options
So without using all these fancy terms, can somebody please just tell me how to lose weight
Thanks.

Replies

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Well, I fell off the wagon and am hopping back on now, but what was working great was weighing my food on my food scale to track accurately, staying within my calorie goal, if I wanted to eat more I would earn it with exercise on my exercise bike:)
  • japlazas
    japlazas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @Kylan_H it really depends on how far off you are from your goal. But it never hurts to talk to a professional in the field and ask for recommendations. There are some general guidelines but perhaps someone can get to know you more in terms of your eating habits and serve as a starting point. After that you can make your own decisions in terms of what may work for you.
    @tiffanifair measuring quantities is a great idea. After a while you can just measure quantities based on simple eye sight. Exercise is very important too. My experience with exercise is that it gives me the necessary energy to think clearer and organize my thoughts. Sure, exercise helps to burn calories but the mental benefits you get can be more tangibel. Tiffani, what made you fall off the wagon? Friends? business trips? Cheers
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @japlazas My inner fat girl threw a fit and a cheat day turned into a cheat month which turned into 3:( I'm so frustrated that I did that, but I know what works to get it off and I'm determined to get right back to it when my vacation is over next week and I'm back to a schedule;)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Eat less, move more

While this is true it is pretty helpful to know how much less to eat:).

OP plug your information in mfp and get your calorie goal. That's how much you can eat to lose weight, eat what you normally eat within your calorie goal. After a few months you will learn what foods keep you satisfied and what foods are only worth eating once in awhile.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Eat less, move more

This^

This site is so helpful to get a handle on portions. You will learn a lot just by measuring & logging everything you eat.

Your body is burning calories 24/7.....but the more active you can be, the better.

Just look for small improvements here & there. Look for changes you can keep even after the weight is gone. You don't have to be perfect. We all screw up from time to time. Just keep at it.
  • Kylan_H
    Kylan_H Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @japlazas thank you for your response. That really helped