Weight Watchers Vs MFP?

Options
Toying w the idea of doing WW. Any thoughts on which is better? Counting calories or points? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    "Better" in what way? They both work. Personally, I just counted calories...it was free and you actually learn what calories are in what. The point system is fine, but they also under and over inflate certain points based on the food...i.e. free veggies and fruit, but they compensate by inflating points for other things so you don't really get an idea of the true "cost" of a particular food.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    Which is better is the one that suits you the most. Would you go to meetings? Do you feel there would be better accountability by a regular weigh in in front of someone? Do you think you would get the support you need in a weekly meeting?

There have been a number of threads in the past few months from ex-WW members, each of them had there own reasons why they are now doing MFP instead - cost, change in WW program, removal of WW forums, WW food (not that you need WW food to do the plan), meetings didn't suit, support/motivation not there, etc etc.

That said, you don't need to MFP premium plan to get the best out of MFP, you can do the nil cost option. Give it a go for a month or two see how you go.

• kazzymack252
    kazzymack252 Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi. I lost 5 stone 3 years ago on weight watchers. At the time i thought it was the only way i could do it. Since then i have maintained my weight loss and in fact lost a further stone since discovering MFP. My own personal opinion is that i wish i had known about MFP in the first place and not wasted money and energy with WW. Whilst i cant deny the plan worked, it was restrictive with rules and complex with converting everything i ate into points, it was hard work! Loosing my final stone with MFP was much easier and i feel i learnt more about foods and kcals values as dealing with it directly rather than the points system. Of course you have to do whats right for you and if you need the support of meetings then WW ia good for that. But maybe try MFP for a while and see how you get on. Good luck!!