Shes worried about her muscle distribution

Options
2»

Replies

• trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm very quad dominant, they are iron hard and well developed. This means that I've had to work hard to find exercises that build my glutes (naturally flat) without my quads taking over. But I found them, and they are working incredibly well. My butt is visibly different, in just a few weeks.

Weighted glute bridge (slightly different to hip thrusts)
    Weighted glute kickback
    Squat walk using cable machine
    Kettlebell swings
    Goblet squat
    Plank with alternating leg lift
    Curtesy lunge
    Cable hip extension
    Foot up split squat

In non-strength work, barre is very effective on the butt too, but it gave me knee issues so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it any more.
  • OrdinaryDude300
    OrdinaryDude300 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The hip trusts i saw her doing were not really hip thrusts i dont think. That was two months ago. Dont see her doing the type in the video. What i saw was shoulders on floor and feet on bench or step stool lifting butt off ground. Similiar but told they target more the hamstrings.

I ve tried her rountine with her. I got to build up to it as she made her lower body stronger then mine (in exercises i dont usually do) and she focuses on it. I should do it with her but i like to do other things with my time in the gym. Maybe select a few and build up to her level. Hip trusts look more interesting then back squats. She loves back squats and i hate them lol. She dont enjoy upper body exercises so much but i admit i spend to much time on my upper half. I ve showed her this post and got positive response and she seems pretty motivated.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    The hip trusts i saw her doing were not really hip thrusts i dont think. That was two months ago. Dont see her doing the type in the video. What i saw was shoulders on floor and feet on bench or step stool lifting butt off ground. Similiar but told they target more the hamstrings.

I ve tried her rountine with her. I got to build up to it as she made her lower body stronger then mine (in exercises i dont usually do) and she focuses on it. I should do it with her but i like to do other things with my time in the gym. Maybe select a few and build up to her level. Hip trusts look more interesting then back squats. She loves back squats and i hate them lol. She dont enjoy upper body exercises so much but i admit i spend to much time on my upper half. I ve showed her this post and got positive response and she seems pretty motivated.

She may have been doing glute bridges. Similar exercise but one uses a bench and one doesn't. I actually fine that I can feel my glutes more with barbell glute bridges than with hip thrusts. I think it is due to my bench height.
  • OrdinaryDude300
    OrdinaryDude300 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You may be right. These are all new exercises to my eyes and i always forget the names. I Spent too many years with my home gym lol

Her upper quads do pop out of her thighs. I thinks its looks sexy on her. She going to impliment a new routine starting monday.
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I told her about looking up strong curves. I ll leave the rest in hers hands but i will in courage her. She asks me about her butt when i compliment her on her general body accomplishments. Don t really see her doing hip thrusts.

If she's preoccupied with her glutes, they're a great exercise. You could do them with her too - just don't make eye contact with any other women in the gym while doing them. :D

rosjyczot1lr.gif

If you have enough weight on the bar- you're not looking at anyone.
    Being said- I will absolutely look someone DEAD in the eye- and pretty much tell them none verbally

SEE THIS!!! YOU WANNA STARE GO AHEAD- I'M PUSHING 225 POUNDS OF IRON AROUND WITH MY EFFING VAG- GO AHEAD- STARE AT ME- I'D CRUSH YOU INTO DUST WITH THESE GLUTES- STARE YOU *kitten* GO AHEAD STARE!!!!

#noshame.

You want to look- go ahead- I'll make you uncomfortable as f*king hell.

Ahahahahahahahahaha!!!! This....this is so freaking awesome I can't even stand it!

In my experience, I can glute bridge much more than I can hip thrust. I can bridge over 300lbs, and I hip thrust around 265 these days. Anyhow, I've noticed some nice development in my glutes (and I'm not genetically gifted in this area) since I began doing them a year or so ago. Squats I just don't progress as much on, and I feel like they work my thighs as well (which isn't such a bad thing).