300lbs... goal is to lose half?

Basically I'm 300 lbs and my overall goal is to lose half, so 150. I'm 5'10 btw. I need as much motivation as possible and possibly tips from people have have huge weight loss goals and have been successful.

Replies

• Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    I didn't have to lose that much, but I always liked setting smaller goals that I could celebrate each month or two. That's me though.

If you stay consistent and log your food accurately, you'll nail this. :)
  • tryin08
    tryin08 Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2017
    That is my goal too. Let's work on this together. I started on 12/26. Mondays are my weigh-in days, although i won't weigh in every week. Please friend me.

I lost before with MFP and then life happened, so I 'm back now. What worked for me was measuring, logging, pre-planning and weight-lifting. By being cnsistent, the weight just fell off. I will be doing mini-goals along the way.
  • kathleenmattox
    kathleenmattox Posts: 6 Member
    I am starting out heavier, but would love to have a motivation buddy.
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    I started at 275 and got down to 185 before a relapse. I'd say weigh every day, log it once a week, count every calorie that goes into your mouth. Take a look at my profile -- I found that mini goals (every five pounds) and rewards for the mid-way points were helpful. Good luck!
  • gregoryjspen
    gregoryjspen Posts: 28 Member
    You can do this. I am heavier than you. Dont think of the whole number, set small goals. Mine is 50 to start. I've lost 20 so far. Keep positive.
  • Aftronthegreat
    Aftronthegreat Posts: 54 Member
    I'm in the same boat! Small goals for sure!!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Focus on small goals.
  • jkdenizard
    jkdenizard Posts: 7 Member
    Hi. I started at 239 and am only 5'5. My goal is to get to 150-160. Having buddies that understand would be great!
  • Dar_Line86
    Dar_Line86 Posts: 245 Member
    Hey good luck! You can anything you set your mind to.