Short girl probs

Options
I don't even know where to start..I'm a 4'11 female. 18 years old. When I first got this app last year I was at 110. managed to get down to 94 lbs. Then I hit some bumps in the road and gained a few lbs..once the weight started to show I completely gave up! Now I currently weigh 125 lbs. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but it's definitely a difference from where I used to be and IT SHOWS.. Like really shows because of my small frame. I've tried to get back on track. I'll lose like 5 lbs and then gain it back the next week. It's just so frustrating and honestly some days depressing because I never thought I'd see 125 on the scale. I'm worried that if I don't do something soon it will get out of hand. Can anyone relate? Suggestions?

Replies

• duncan04
    duncan04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! Only short girls seem to understand. We want to remain under the 100lbs but everyone says we are too skinny and then we get on the blog and everyone looks at us like we are crazy for not having 100lbs to lose. ☹️ I'm currently at 115 and 5'. I'll share in your journey!! Shorties in fitness!!
  • FitLaughLove
    FitLaughLove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    duncan04 wrote: »
    I know what you mean! Only short girls seem to understand. We want to remain under the 100lbs but everyone says we are too skinny and then we get on the blog and everyone looks at us like we are crazy for not having 100lbs to lose. ☹️ I'm currently at 115 and 5'. I'll share in your journey!! Shorties in fitness!!
    duncan04 wrote: »

Finally someone understands!!
  • annobrien6175
    annobrien6175 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes Im four foot ten.and all my weight goes on my stomach
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,532 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I don't even know where to start.

1. Weigh your food before you eat it.
    2. Log all what you eat.

At 5'7, I am not in the petite category. However, I do have same issues as you, even as I am decades older than you. What helps me is to weigh ALL of whatever goes in my mouth and LOG consistently. Keep your macros tight. That's what helped me. (I also have a bad thyroid, so I have to do some kind of exercise consistently. Right now, my favorite is cycling.)
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    5ft here. I got to 94lbs and then gained 5! It takes me ages to lose but if im consistent it does come off eventually.
  • JessiNeko
    JessiNeko Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5'1" here. I got down to 119lbs, but I'm 134lbs at the moment and it's really obvious... I totally get you.
  • mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I get what you mean I was 135 at my heaviest and to average size people that doesn't seem like much but that technically overweight for my height. Now I am 115 aiming for 110-112, same height as the OP. I have been in the 90's and even 105 but its really not sustainable. I think try working on a goal weight you know you can keep. I am trying to work on my muscle tone so that I look fitter and not just skinnier.
  • amac1072
    amac1072 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5'1". But I'm 44 and it ain't moving like it did 8 years ago! I tell people I'm 143 and they're all "I wish." Well...I don't want to be!!!! They're all giants, anyway. Let's go kick some short *kitten*, shorties!
  • yubiesister
    yubiesister Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11". I'm 42 yrs old. Weighing in at 140.. ugghhh. Every bit of the weight shows when your 4'11. I just can't seem to get motivated
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Yep..... I understand!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I don't even know where to start..I'm a 4'11 female. 18 years old. When I first got this app last year I was at 110. managed to get down to 94 lbs. Then I hit some bumps in the road and gained a few lbs..once the weight started to show I completely gave up! Now I currently weigh 125 lbs. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but it's definitely a difference from where I used to be and IT SHOWS.. Like really shows because of my small frame. I've tried to get back on track. I'll lose like 5 lbs and then gain it back the next week. It's just so frustrating and honestly some days depressing because I never thought I'd see 125 on the scale. I'm worried that if I don't do something soon it will get out of hand. Can anyone relate? Suggestions?

Idk how much data you have recorded, but it's possible that you haven't maintained a deficit long enough and are just seeing that initial "whoosh" of weight loss that people tend to get when they start losing weight. People can fluctuate as much as 10lbs for several reasons (TOM, sodium, not having used the bathroom yet, etc).
    Also, have you tried reverse dieting? Look it up. I and others have done that once we reached our goal weight in order to ease into maintenance and not have our weight read higher as we consume more.
    I'm also short, 21 years old, 5'2", and maintain on 108-114lbs. I'm at the higher end of petites, and I don't think a few pounds show terribly on myself, but I definitely feel the difference in my jeans if I'm on the lower end versus the higher end of my weight range.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I can relate - it's annoying, and miserable! For the first time since I got super slim in 2011, I've gained some back. I was about 103-104 when I moved back to Houston in March 2016. Now I'm probably 110. It seems like a small amount of weight but it's the difference in at least one clothing size (for me anyway). I'm sick of wearing leggings all the time and feeling like crap in my tailored clothes. But, only me to blame - I slacked off my treadmill workouts (I was ever so diligent and have a lot less free time) and overate, or ate things I normally wouldn't. It's actually a miracle I'm not heavier than I am.

Most people I talk to about this are NOT sympathetic. Right now I am focused on getting in solid workouts as often as possible and accurately logging food. No waiting on the new year for me - I started the day after Christmas.
  • bama_belle78
    bama_belle78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I understand. I'm 5'2 and im at my heaviest. Even while pregnant... I didn't weigh what i weigh now. I'm at 123 My lowest was 95 but I can't sustain that. I will be 39 in a couple of months and would like to be at 110. My clothes make me feel miserable... I can't even get my leg into most of my jeans. I was an avid runner and recently moved and I've gotten out of habit. I did run Monday and Tuesday... I plan to run again tonight. My eating habits have to change as well. Sweets are my enemy! I feel defeated and like no one understands because I'm not overweight to them. Its a silent and lonely battle.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

I'm 5' and went from 125 lbs. to 95 lbs. when I still thought I had 10 lbs. to lose and then realized that I just needed to build muscle. Now I'm up to 118 lbs. (mid-bulk, will go down to about 110 lbs. after my cut before summer) and have leaner measurements than ever before. Lots of distaste on here towards petite people because we have to consume so little. I'm bulking at 1,800 calories whereas some other people are bulking at 3,000! When i want to cut, I have to eat 1,400 and do cardio and everyone says oh that's too little, but you do what you gotta do when you're small LOL. Stay consistent. Dedicate time to the gym, and your efforts will pay off! :)
  • slefko
    slefko Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Girl, I totally feel you. I am 4'11 but I've really let my eating get out of control and I have anywhere from 50-70 pounds to lose to get in a healthy weight range. I did great a few years ago and ended up losing about 30 pounds but life happened and it slowly came back on. I find my issue is portion control, most meals in restaurants are set for a 2000 calorie a day diet. To lose weight I need to eat maybe 1000-1300 a day (higher on days I exercise). When I lost the majority of the weight the first time around I was pretty restrictive, I really didn't allow myself any slip ups. Its hard to find a good, healthy balance, and still be able to get what you want.
    Also, maybe try lifting weights if you aren't already. Ultimately you may weight more, but you will look a lot leaner and feel a lot better!
  • duncan04
    Options
    It's so GREAT to see everyone so encouraging and understanding! For the record ... I am 47 and pretty healthy but being in the "Shortie-weight comfort zone" is always a chore. I've been working in an office but this year...2017 I've become an independent contractor so I am setting my own hours
  • duncan04
    Options
    (Rest of my post got lost)
    Setting my own hours and setting aside workout time. I've got an amazing friend going to make me sweat twice a week!! I will continue to encourage you and cheer you on!! Shorties taking on 2017!!