Getting the MUNCHIES!

Hi everyone,
I'm wondering what it is you do or eat when you get the muchies, as i'm thinking of trying a few different things to see what works best. Currently if i fancy eating something just for the sake of it ill have some peas. YEP! just wack them in a microwaveable tub, in the microwave for 2 minutes and add a little bit of butter (i dont add butter to anything else, bread/toast etc) :ohwell:
The problem is, im going through 1kg bag of peas in like a week.

SO!.... what do you do? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Eat a higher fat, higher protein diet. Fat and protein are very satiating and will keep you full
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    First thing I do is have a glass of water, then if that doesn't work I go for 1/2 a cup of blueberries. Normally that combination alone will hold me for a while.
  • blossjs
    blossjs Posts: 3
    I chew some sugar free gum. That typically at least gives me the action of eating. :)
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    I usually go for some cheese. A little one oz block of cheddar or Havarti is soooo good. Another thing I've become fond of is Oscar Mayer Carving Board Pulled Pork. They come in a small variety of flavors (I like Sweet & Spicy) and are a great little protein pick me up. I eat it straight from the container, but you can make a little sandwich out of it or something.
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    A bowl of frozen vegetables with some herbs, pepper and hot sauce (basically 0 calories) sorts me out and costs almost nothing.
  • mrshallewell
    mrshallewell Posts: 318
    Eat a higher fat, higher protein diet. Fat and protein are very satiating and will keep you full

that would work if i was actually hungry. its that i just want food so instead of going for the chocolate bar i want something healthier and easier to burn.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member

that would work if i was actually hungry. its that i just want food so instead of going for the chocolate bar i want something healthier and easier to burn.
    Not being hungry doesn't mean you're necessarily eating enough. If you have the munchies, that's your body telling you to eat.

Personally, if I get hungry, I'll eat 30g of almonds.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Eat what you want to eat. But, I'll suggest Sabra hummus and carrots chips in the interim.Yum.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member

Oh ok, gotchya, in that case, I usually go all bugs bunny and munch on some carrots, they're tasty and very low calorie.
  • mrshallewell

Oh ok, gotchya, in that case, I usually go all bugs bunny and munch on some carrots, they're tasty and very low calorie.

haha "WHATS UP DOC?" good idea, i dont usually eat all the carrots that i buy anyway
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    i just ate a Twinkie. i don't feel guilty because i only ate one. and it was delicious

tumblr_kyfig8tUkE1qa4leho1_500.jpg

homnomnomnomnom
  • mrshallewell
    i just ate a Twinkie. i don't feel guilty because i only ate one. and it was delicious

tumblr_kyfig8tUkE1qa4leho1_500.jpg

homnomnomnomnom

BRITISH - dont think we have them and i only eat pure chocolate anyways - no sweets no pastries not even cake unless its betty crockers devils food cake. CUTE LITTLE HAMSTER :smooched:
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Slice or cubes of cheese, dill pickles, and anything dipped in roasted garlic hummus are my favorites.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Now that you said british i just got a sick craving for yorkshire pudding and smushed peas
  • mrshallewell
    Now that you said british i just got a sick craving for yorkshire pudding and smushed peas

*mushy peas

and OHMYGOSH yorkshire puddings wish slices of pork chop topped with mash potato and a sliver of apple sauce. OMNOMNOMNOM

now this isnt helping, STOP MAKING ME WANT FOOD PEOPLE hahaha:laugh: