Can you build muscle if...

Options
You're eating badly? I was really curious of this, I bike 30 minutes a day and do squats etc but if I was eating badly would the exercise still be beneficial for muscle growth and toning?

Replies

• hiyaitschloe_x
    hiyaitschloe_x Posts: 36 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Jakep2323 wrote: »
    You're eating badly? I was really curious of this, I bike 30 minutes a day and do squats etc but if I was eating badly would the exercise still be beneficial for muscle growth and toning?

Hi mate - the exercise would be beneficial yeah. For muscle growth you obviously want to get some protein which I assume you do. Free advice - remove the term "eating badly" from your post as all you will get is people demanding to know what you class as eating badly ;)

Ah okay thankyou! I just want to be able to be free till January but still see results haha.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    As long as you are eating in surplus and lifting (progressively) then yea it's fine.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    January is 3 days away. The odds of seeing any results between now and then are somewhere in the range of slim to none.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    You can definitely build muscle while eating "junk." Just be aware of how large of a surplus you are consuming.
    The first year I was lifting I gained over 30 lbs, and probably 20+ was just fat. Much regret.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    As long as you are eating in surplus and lifting (progressively) then yea it's fine.

This