Constantly craving sushi...

Options
I adore sushi. But it seems like ever since I had the Philadelphia roll at a restaurant down the road, I've been craving sushi non-stop.

Which isn't a big deal. It's just that I have some perfectly good chicken stew and veggie quesadillas in my kitchen right now, so why on earth am I wishing I had more sushi instead?

Alternative question-- does anyone have any good sushi recipes so that said restaurant quits getting all of my money..?

Replies

• afrsilver
    afrsilver Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm sushi Lover too I can eat it everyday, but some of them have a lot of calories surprisingly. Anyway Pinterest in my go to any recipe spot

http://www.southernmomloves.com/2015/01/make-sushi-at-home-recipes-tips.html

http://gringalicious.com/smoked-salmon-philadelphia-roll-sushi/
  • aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been craving sushi a lot lately too! We also have a new (cheap) sushi place that just opened down the street from my house that keeps taunting me.

Maybe you're low on carbs? I think that's the case for me. Sushi's been my go to "cheat" meal lately. I think because of how high carb it is.

I bet the simpler rolls would be easy to make at home--spicy tuna, your philadelphia roll, etc. . . I don't have any recipes, but have also been wanting to try to make it at home. Then again, there is a restaurant right down the street. . .
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am super lucky in that I prefer Sashimi instead of the Americanized rolls. Even Nigiri comes with too much sushi(rice) than I would like. The thing about "Sushi" is it's hard to find the fish and cut it right. Even most sushi restaurants aren't sold the slices of fish a distributor claims it to be.

TLDR: I leave sushi to the professionals.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Huge sushi fan here. Best thing I ever did was eat at the #1 sushi place in NYC....now nothing around me compares and my daily cravings have stopped. I also curbed my tastes to sashimi and very simple roles. I don't enjoy tempura or the crazy sauces anymore. So I actually do enjoy a few simple rolls maybe twice a month - but it's low calorie and counts as my carb refeed.

Sushi also has made some great pre-race meals for me :)

Feb 11th I return to the NYC sushi place.......can't stop thinking about it LOL.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I get crazy cravings for sushi if I'm low on protein. If I have a heavy lifting session and not enough protein afterward, it's seriously all I can think about. But I lean toward straight sashimi, so it works out - relatively low cals and a good bit of protein.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    @tjones0411 Maybe that's what it is. I've been lifting weights 3x a week for the past 3 weeks or so. :)