Quotes that actually make you want to change!

Options

Replies

• Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    "Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict"- William Ellery Channing.
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    "There is no magic pill.
    No special shake.
    No secret diet.
    Just get off your *kitten*."

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" - Finding Nemo

"OORAH" -Marine Corps

Marines will understand on the last one!!!!
  • xcrunner2627
    Options
    "Get up, get over it, get going"

I say this to myself b4 morning runs
  • Headingforhealthier
    Options
    My favourite that I saw somewhere here on MFP was:

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    What motivated me:

"If you worked out when you were first thinking about it..... you'd be done by now!"
  • kaysue1
    kaysue1 Posts: 14
    Options
    I always liked this one:

2i09a52.jpg

I like this one!! I am going to have to use this one of a few family members!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    This was my life changing quote.

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results."
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    "A year from now you will wish you started today"

That was my light bulb moment

DITTO!!! And here it is a year and some months later...I'm so glad I started...

"It never gets easier, you just get better"

"It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. You will need to make healthy decisions. It requires sacrifice. You will need to push your body to its max. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT!"

"You are entirely up to you. Make your body. Make your life. Make yourself."

"Excuses are useless, results are priceless."

"When you feel like quitting: think about why you started."

My most favorite: "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I'm possible!" - Audrey Hepburn

They all helped me start off. I had them posted all over my house and all over my office at work.
  • GIAngel222
    GIAngel222 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Fat lasts longer than flavor
  • KittenIsLosingIt
    Options
    "Losing weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard." - unknown

" People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily" - Zig Ziglar
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    "Success only comes before work in the dictionary."
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    "It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
  • ConflictedDragon
    Options
    "Nothing is impossible. Why the word itself says "I'm possible". ~ Audrey Hepburn
  • WiseAngel2
    WiseAngel2 Posts: 19
    Options
    I just came across this one and it keeps me focused forward....

65223_679614368720990_173143692_n.jpg
  • skinnylove79
    Options
    "You are not a dog, Don't reward yourself w/ food."
  • AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.

Wow - never thought of it that way!
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The only thing you can control is you---several people

Just do it---nike

There will come a day when you are less fast, less strong, and generally less rockstar...is that day today?---unknown
  • mabedrick
    mabedrick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not that I am a huge Kennedy fan, but his quote from the moon speech as driven a lot of what I have done in my life, "... and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win..."
  • Laac68
    Laac68 Posts: 55
    Options
    I may not look exceptional to you. And that’s okay. It’s not about the FRAME I come in. It’s about whose NAME I come in: Jesus! -Dianna Hobbs-
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have this quote hanging in my closet above my running shoes:

voice-head-liar.jpg