Dropping the dress size getting them muscle gains!

Options
Hi Im wanting some advice on changing up my work outs, its seems regardless wether I do weights or not I gain alot of muscle. I love running and a good cardio session, I even do box fit classes minus weights, and boom muscle. Any ideas?? Tips or hints?

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to say you don't want to gain muscle?
  • Henzcass1
    Henzcass1 Posts: 17 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The thing is Ive gained some seriously good amounts of muscle, It'll be nice for them to look more lady like and not so tom-boyish like. My main target areas are my calves and arms, my husband even calls me his pop-eye sometimes lol I was even asked by my sister if I was on roids? I was like "wtf" No way. I guess I wana know is there away I avoid building to much muscle?
  • 321BooM
    321BooM Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Umm, exercise less?
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Stop exercising I guess.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I measure my biceps regularly to give me objective data on what they are doing size wise. While my lying eyes think they have gained in size, they have in fact decreased an inch since June 2015 as I've lost weight and thus the fat around them.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    Is there a possibility that you have gotten leaner which gives the appearance of having increased muscularity?

Or gained weight, and it's not muscle..?
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Henzcass1 wrote: »
    Hi Im wanting some advice on changing up my work outs, its seems regardless wether I do weights or not I gain alot of muscle. I love running and a good cardio session, I even do box fit classes minus weights, and boom muscle. Any ideas?? Tips or hints?

Have you tried Pilates? It will strengthen your core and also lengthen muscles. I find regular calisthenics with lots of stretching to be useful.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    Henzcass1 wrote: »

Have you tried Pilates? It will strengthen your core and also lengthen muscles. I find regular calisthenics with lots of stretching to be useful.

Not a thing. You can't lengthen muscles, it's one of the annoying buzzwords to come out of a practice that is actually brilliant and I'm a big advocate of, Pilates saved my back when I was dancing. But muscle shape is genetic mostly, you can't stretch them leaner.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'd like to see pics as well because lean muscle gain is my overall goal
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'd like to see pics as well because lean muscle gain is my overall goal

Eat at a surplus. Pick up and put down heavy things repeatedly (your own body can count if you progressively overload).