Bluetooth Headphone Suggestions.

Options
I can not find any earbud type headphones that work, so looking for other types of Bluetooth headphones. Probably over the ear option will be best for me.
What do you use when working out?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Over-the-ear headphones feel too bulky for me while working out, and once the ear pads get sweaty I have a hard time keeping them in place. I recently bought a pair of Taotronics BH-10 ear buds and really like them so far. I was using Plantronics ear buds before (Backbeat Go 2) and the little rubber "wings" that are supposed to hold them in your ears didn't hold them at all once things got sweaty. The Taotronics have ear hooks, which hold them in place better, and they also have way better sound quality than the Plantronics.

For me, the only unanswered question at this point is longevity - but for $30 a pair I can live with it if I end up replacing them once a year. The way I figure it, 10 pair of these would last a lot longer than a pair of $300 PowerBeats and I'd end up spending the same amount of money. They claim to be "sweatproof", and from reading the reviews on Amazon their customer service looks to be pretty good about replacing them if they crap out. I figured they were worth taking a gamble on at that price and so far I'm not disappointed.
  • agproducer
    agproducer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have some Platronics Back Beat headphones. I like them a lot. Sweat does not affect them at all. They also don't seal in your ear, so you can still hear around you when you are out and about. My only gripe is the volume can be too low at max volume, but that's not a deal breaker. It's still plenty loud. They are lightweight and work for me when I run. Plus, I can hear traffic around me. I sweat a lot, but haven't had a problem with them. They'll cost you about $100.

I'd avoid RedFox. They were my first Blutooth headphones and sweat would get into the earbuds and they'd stop working. It was irritating to get 30 minutes into a run and have them cut out. They'd work again after drying out. This started after owning them for about 8 months. I sent my first pair back, and the company replaced them. I did have to pay shipping to get them back. Then, the second pair started doing the same thing after heavy sweating. So, I switched.

I hope this helps.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    BlueAnt Pump - look them up on Amazon. The best quality for the price, they last forever and are water/sweatproof!
  • mumfy23
    mumfy23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love my beats - they over the ear.
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I use the Panasonic Wings - over the ear. They've been fantastic and cost me less than $100 at Walmart.
  • shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My wife got me a pair of Beats over the ear for Christmas, so far they have survived several runs without falling off or other problems. They connect really quick to my phone's bluetooth signal too.
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    dbkyser wrote: »
    I can not find any earbud type headphones that work, so looking for other types of Bluetooth headphones. Probably over the ear option will be best for me.
    What do you use when working out?
    I love my Beats StudioWireless headphones. I use the over the ear model and it blocks out any external noise, if you set the volume high enough. The only thing you have to remember to do after every workout is wipe the pads down. If you don't, over time, the stink will build up and its almost impossible to get it out. Oh and you cant replace the pads. Best thing you can do is send them back and get a refurb'd set, which will run you $200.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I am still on the original Bluebuds released by Jaybird - 3 years ago. Still have an 8 hour charge and are still the best sound ... beating out my Sennheisers.

http://www.jaybirdsport.com/freedom-bluetooth-headphones/

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    AudioMx over-ear are the most comfortable and solid ones I've found. I use them for many hours a day without recharging.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am still on the original Bluebuds released by Jaybird - 3 years ago. Still have an 8 hour charge and are still the best sound ... beating out my Sennheisers.

http://www.jaybirdsport.com/freedom-bluetooth-headphones/

I really liked my original bluebuds but after the second pair broke I will not buy them again. Both had the same issue - will no longer turn on. Searching the interwebs leads me to believe this is a common issue with them.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the opinions, will do some research on these.