Onto a better year!

Options
Naruya
Naruya Posts: 81 Member
In 2015 I build a pretty solid foundation for my health and fitness, and 2016 was supposed to be the year I was going to focus on keeping up the healthy routine. This came to a sad end when I got a concussion in February. Afterwards came months of being barely able to work, work out and just generally do anything besides lying on the couch. Towards the end of the summer I was finally able to work fulltime again and focused all my energy on that. I got some regular exercise in again on my commute to work and walks with my new pup but I had a really hard time getting back into the habit of mindful eating after months of indulging as a way to escape the pain and boredom. I am now ready to take better care of myself by making healthier choices and getting in more regular activity.

A little bit about myself: I’m a Dutch 27-year-old web designing, game-loving geek, passionate about web standards, photography, technology and anything Playstation. This pretty much means I either sit behind my shiny MacBook creating awesome things or saving the world from certain doom on my Playstation. I also love my Aussie pup! He’s the main reason I want to focus on my health again, because I want to keep giving him the active lifestyle he deserves, which will get more demanding as he grows up.

I try to bike to work every day (22km roundtrip) and enjoy weight training, swimming and kickboxing. Last year I also worked on learning to run with Zombies, Run. Due to my downtime I’ll probably have to start from scratch, but I think it’ll be a fun activity to do with my pup once he’s old enough to run! I plan on focusing on trying to stay healthy with balanced food choices (nothing is off limits!) and walking my dog a few times a day. When time and energy allows I’d like to experiment with new and fun workouts to stay motivated.

I’m looking for likeminded people with similar interests to keep me motivated. So if you feel we’d hit it off, feel free to add me as a friend and I’ll do my best to keep you motivated to be the best you can be.