Fish Oil Suggestions?

Options
So I got my blood test results yesterday and my total fasting Cholesterol is 138 which is awesome. My LDL and HDL are exactly where they should be, but my triglycerides are high at 254. He said with weight loss I could lower it but also to maybe add fish oil supplements since I am not a big fish eater. Would anyone have a suggestion on a good fish oil supplement?

Replies

• firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Nature's bounty, store brand vitamins...there isn't much of a difference between the two. Just ask your pharmacist if you aren't sure.
  • MrsRDBean
    MrsRDBean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use Nature's Bounty, 1000mg tablets and take 3 of them each day. My cholesterol and triglycerides were all out of whack when my doctor suggested adding in the supplements, and all have since improved after taking them consistently for a bit. If you find that they do work for you, you can buy a big bottle of them on Amazon for a good price.
  • irissilk1
    irissilk1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There is actually a huge difference. I was using Nature's Bounty and my doctor suggested that I change brands since there was a lot of junk in NB that wasn't good for me. He and my eye doctor both recommended Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega. My eye doctor wanted me to take Nordic Naturals because they contain the right kind of oil - the kind that helps with dry eyes. Also, I had been taking the other for years and had also been prone to diarrhea. When I changed fish oils, that stopped! I suppose this sounds like an ad but I promise that I have no financial interest in Nordic Naturals. You can order them on line or find them in a health food store.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    NatureMade is one of the best, and you can get them pretty much anywhere. They are USP certified and tested well for Consumer Reports.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    So I got my blood test results yesterday and my total fasting Cholesterol is 138 which is awesome. My LDL and HDL are exactly where they should be, but my triglycerides are high at 254. He said with weight loss I could lower it but also to maybe add fish oil supplements since I am not a big fish eater. Would anyone have a suggestion on a good fish oil supplement?

you can use flaxseed oil instead, that's what I do and my triglycerides went from 149 to 61
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer to take omega red krill oil, just as much DHA OMEGA 3 and the pills are tiny, red, and taste like vanilla. With 0 bad taste or burps.
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I really appreciate it alot.