Map My Walk- Difference between Dog Walk and Walk?

Options
Can anyone tell me what the difference between these is? Constantly have it set at dog walk but my dog is off leash and I wonder if this affects anything.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Put in the same time for each exercise and see what is the difference in calorie burn for the same amount of time. I imagine it's negligible. Walking has entries for different speeds doesn't it? Remember, all calorie burn numbers are estimates.
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have walkmeter app.... it tells you how far you have walked, how fast you have walked and how many calories you have burned.... it also has a lot more like elevation etc but I just need the 3 things mentioned above. Oh, it also syncs with MFP so adds the calories automatically for you to your exercise
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what the difference between these is? Constantly have it set at dog walk but my dog is off leash and I wonder if this affects anything.

I think it's just the speed. Dog walk is 2.5 mph and walking is 2 mph
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I've used a HRM for both walking and dog walking. Dog walking (on a leash) burns way more calories for me because I have a stubborn strong dog that likes to pull every which way. I would just use "walk" if your dog is off leash. (And yes...I know I need to train my dog better...)