Need of HELP!

Hi there :) I tend to eat much, actually its really hard for me to escape food since I really love eating (I reach 1500 calories a day max, 2000 calories when holiday). However, since I am into weight loss, I motivate my self to exercise till I burn 1000 calories a day. Though after doing it for several days, I tend to enjoy it. Do you think 1000 calorie burn a day is a healthy option?

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited December 2016
    i think a thousand is the upper limit of what your body can fuel from actual fat. hopefully someone more knowledgeable will correct me if i'm out of date. but the info i've always had is that if you go beyond that, you start breaking down muscle instead to fuel the requirement.

if you're eating 1500/2000 and burning 1000 that leaves your body only a thousand calories max - just to support things like breathing and having a pulse. i'm 5'3" and 51 years old and even when i report myself as sedentary, everything i've seen tells me that i need anything from 1200 up to almost 1500 a day.

so it doesn't sound like i'd find it very healthy or sustainable, personally.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    How exactly are you burning 1000 calories a day? Because my first thought is you are not burning as much through exercise as you think you are.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    How exactly are you burning 1000 calories a day? Because my first thought is you are not burning as much through exercise as you think you are.

My thoughts exactly. In addition, I don't consider 1500 to 2000 calories a lot of food. For someone who likes to eat a lot, I was expecting to hear you were eating 2500-3000 calories. Many people consider 1500 calories a deficit!