Combat Crunch protein bar vs Quest - easier, same or harder to digest?

Options
If you've had both the current formula Quest bar and a current CC bar, do you notice differences on digestion?

If I have more than 1 Quest (which I do!) in a day, I find it bugs my stomach or causes digestive issues. I'm wondering if CC is any easier.

Thanks.

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    What is the fibre content compared to the quest?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    They both have sugar alcohols (albeit different ones) which tend to cause digestive issues if consumed in somewhat large amounts. Two or more bars may be enough to cause your issues. As such, I'd be willing to bet - although could easily be wrong - that you wouldn't notice much, if any, difference.
  • _piaffe
    _piaffe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    They both have sugar alcohols (albeit different ones) which tend to cause digestive issues if consumed in somewhat large amounts. Two or more bars may be enough to cause your issues. As such, I'd be willing to bet - although could easily be wrong - that you wouldn't notice much, if any, difference.

Checked the fibre as singingflutelady suggested. 12g for CC and 14g for Quest - so likely not material. Culprit is probably the extra bar!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that they had sugar alcohols (i am on a low fiber diet for medical reasons)
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have two CC bars most days. I don't notice any problems. I can't say anything about the Quest bars though, their formula change turned me off forever.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    My issues with Quest started after they switched to SCF as their fiber source. May Quest bar farts can now peel the paint off of an Abrams. From what I understand though, this has a lot to do with the fact that FAR more IMO is absorbed by the small intestine than previously believed (which is also why it causes blood sugar issues in diabetics) whereas SCF is actually a true soluble fiber, and mostly gets handled by the bacteria in your colon.

No discomfort, but damn with the smell man.