Workout everyday?

Options
Hello everyone!
I have been doing crossfit for over 3 years (2 times a week then moved to 3 times a week) and recently I am trying to go every day. I know they are based on a 3 day workout 1 day rest day.
However I wanted to know if it's bad if I go 4 days in a row, and if it would eventually do me more wrong than right.

Thank you!

Replies

• Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    It would catch up eventually I think. I've had rest days "forced" on me due to being unwilling to take a break :)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It depends. Depends on the programming at your box, how much you scale the workouts to adjust your intensity levels, and how well your individual body recovers. No one here can give you an absolute answer. Are u planning to go 4x straight occasionally or as your new weekly schedule?
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    never done crossfit. but in lifting and/or bike commuting, i've gotten away with back-to-back days - at least for a while.

but lately i rest a lot more consistently because i'm greedy about having the workout be good.
  • tofuligan
    tofuligan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If you want to workout every day, try varying your workouts; do yoga or go running on the non-crossfit days. For one, crossfit is super intense and you don't want to hurt anything (you also want that muscle to build!); for two, your body gets used to routines, so adding some variety will help you get better results in general
  • BigChief40ozSteak
    BigChief40ozSteak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I go by what my body tells me. So 5 times a week has been helping me since I do a differently muscle group each day. Crossfit is a different beast since u guys hit multiple groups a day.