So weird question concerning stretch marks

Options
So far in my weight loss journey I have lost just at 7 lbs (started 3 weeks ago) and I have noticed that I have developed NEW stretch marks on my stomach? It's not like i wouldn't have seen them before because my tummy was really never that big (I started at 180 and am 5'4..) I was just wondering if anyone had an explanation? anyone else have something similar? I'll add pictures from my starting and from today to show what i mean... I also have last between 1/5 and an inch on my waist...

Before (3 weeks ago)
w2oivo.jpg

After (Today)
fdc5qh.jpg

Replies

• healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    It's because your body is very elastic, the stretch marks were there with the bigger belly, but they were stretched out, so you didn't see them! now that the inches are coming off, the stretching of your tummy is going down, which is going to show you where exactly your stomach was over enlarged. I'd grab some cocoa butter, maybe that "mommy milk" lotion, and they should at least fade quite a bit, tanning helps to hide 'em too ;) you're looking fantastic maam!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I got shrink marks the last time I lost about 20 pounds all down the fronts of my legs. So on top of the ones up my stomach and around my belly button, everything around my hips to my back, my inner thighs and boobs that look like bloodshot eyes from getting bigger, I also get marks from getting smaller.

Bad genetics are a b*tch.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Bio Oil is supposed to be great for getting rid of stretch marks.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Those are fairly fresh, but they'll fade to white in a short while here and then get thinner. Don't stress em. You will get then losing or gaining weight frequently if you're predisposed to them as your body comp changes. There is a good product called mederma if you want them to go from red->white faster, but otherwise not a lot you can do about them. Being heavy will give them to you and occasionally thinning down changing where your skin is stretching can give them to you as well.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing all my stretch marks I got with my first baby (9 years old!) now too. I thought they were pretty much gone! ...but I guess they've been there the whole time, just couldn't see them until the inches came off... :ohwell: Ah well...
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, that makes me feel better haha I was super discouraged when I first saw them =P
  • XLombardX
    XLombardX Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So far in my weight loss journey I have lost just at 7 lbs (started 3 weeks ago) and I have noticed that I have developed NEW stretch marks on my stomach? It's not like i wouldn't have seen them before because my tummy was really never that big (I started at 180 and am 5'4..) I was just wondering if anyone had an explanation? anyone else have something similar? I'll add pictures from my starting and from today to show what i mean... I also have last between 1/5 and an inch on my waist...

Before (3 weeks ago)
    w2oivo.jpg

After (Today)
    fdc5qh.jpg

Firstly, you look great, well done!

Secondly, I'm one of those stretch mark-prone people too, so I know how it feels. I remember reading about a mother whose 5 year old daughter asked her what those marks on her belly were. The mom said "they're my tiger stripes, and when you grow up you'll have them too." The daughter was delighted, and ran off to practice her tiger roar.

So, how's your roar? :)