Options

Replies

• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    uq4zwhmlix1j.png

it was not what i expected. it was different. a little gorier than i realized. idk if i liked it or not. i think i'll need to let it marinate
    uq4zwhmlix1j.png

it was not what i expected. it was different. a little gorier than i realized. idk if i liked it or not. i think i'll need to let it marinate

I liked it but I won’t watch it again
    uq4zwhmlix1j.png

I was disappointed.
    I thought it was an interesting story that they didn't quite pull off.
    I was expecting more.

It hit me very similarly to the way his other feature, Ex Machina, did: I was engrossed but removed simultaneously. I don't know that I want to see it again, but it was intriguing.

I want to read the book to see if it engulfs me more, also this guy has a thing for Oscar Isaac
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    uq4zwhmlix1j.png

uq4zwhmlix1j.png

uq4zwhmlix1j.png

I was disappointed.
    I was expecting more.

It hit me very similarly to the way his other feature, Ex Machina, did: I was engrossed but removed simultaneously. I don't know that I want to see it again, but it was intriguing.

I want to read the book to see if it engulfs me more, also this guy has a thing for Oscar Isaac

Ohman , Oscar's accent in Annihilation kept taking me out of it. I was all, "WTF are you doing, dude? Just speak like a regular human being."
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    uq4zwhmlix1j.png

uq4zwhmlix1j.png

uq4zwhmlix1j.png

I was disappointed.
    I was expecting more.

I did like ex machina. watched it a couple of times. the performances at the very least called for it
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    uq4zwhmlix1j.png

uq4zwhmlix1j.png

uq4zwhmlix1j.png

I was disappointed.
    I was expecting more.

Ohman , Oscar's accent in Annihilation kept taking me out of it. I was all, "WTF are you doing, dude? Just speak like a regular human being."

I think the point was that he wasn’t. He was a weirdo
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    uq4zwhmlix1j.png

uq4zwhmlix1j.png

uq4zwhmlix1j.png

I was disappointed.
    I was expecting more.

Nah, even in the flashback scenes before he went into the shimmer. It bugged me. But then he kinda bugs me. I hate Poe Dameron. I hated his Apocalypse. I wanted to throat punch Llewyn Davies. the only things I liked were Ex Machina and A Most Violent Year (and this one because it felt like a 1970s Cassavettes film).
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    uq4zwhmlix1j.png

uq4zwhmlix1j.png

uq4zwhmlix1j.png

I was disappointed.
    I was expecting more.

Nah, even in the flashback scenes before he went into the shimmer. It bugged me. But then he kinda bugs me. I hate Poe Dameron. I hated his Apocalypse. I wanted to throat punch Llewyn Davies. the only things I liked were Ex Machina and A Most Violent Year (and this one because it felt like a 1970s Cassavettes film).
    A. Apocalypse wasn’t his fault
    B. He just played the “Han solo” of the new generation, does what he wants, quippy, bf doesn’t speak English but he understands fine
    C. Didn’t see a most violent year
    D. Have you seen suburbicon? Good *kitten*. Fat mat Damon. Has a twist I didn’t expect and I liked it a lot
  • cupotea
    cupotea Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bridesmaids (it was on telly the other night and me and the husband got sucked in).
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    cupotea wrote: »
    Bridesmaids (it was on telly the other night and me and the husband got sucked in).
    Do you live in the television now?
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
  • dlamber198632
    dlamber198632 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sky scraper
  • gabbys6624
    gabbys6624 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Avengers Infinity War!
  • The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_
    Options
    Wind River
  • dlamber198632
    dlamber198632 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The meg
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    uex3a16p5cyx.jpeg
  • mbaker566
    Options
    seven in heaven- didn't get it
    solo-fun romp
    sex education(series)-loved. binged the whole season
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    On the Basis of Sex <3
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    A Dog's Way Home

Decent family movie... basically this generation's version of Homeward Bound. There were times where they had animation along side live action, and it just felt uncomfortable. That was my only real complaint.
  • The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_
    Options
    This is the end
  • mbaker566
    Options
    anesthesia: that was slightly depressing. it starts off essentially stating the premise of the movie. life is suffering. then there are glimmers of hope.
    04vxxyfd5l66.png

and it ended with this which made the movie worth it:
    “I want us to be doing things, prolonging life's duties as much as we can. I want death to find me planting my cabbages, neither worrying about it nor the unfinished gardening.”

some of the acting was a little stilted but i think that was a decision by the director.