Last film you saw...

Options

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Just returned from watching The Meg. An atypical shark movie. Preferred The Shallows.

Every time I saw the previews, I kept thinking it was a remake of Jaws. I'll still probably go see it. But, seems like I'm not too far off the mark.

There were some very Jaws 3 moments @Functional_strength_ , further punctuated by the conjuring of that eerily "dark depths" something is in the water with me, watching me feeling, that chills your bones!?! Elements of bad shark mechanics@attack to stop short scenes, similar to Deep Blue Sea 1&2. Throw in the Chinese romance vibe ( not too much, thank God!).

You have to squash thoughts of, " there is so much light, it's impossible they aren't disturbing the disphotic zone.

How can you not NOT watch it? You might like it more than we did. We're rather critical when it comes to oceanographic portrayals.

Yep, I did go see it. It was okay, had some Jaws moments in it. Some funny, some over the top. But, overall enjoyed it.

Other movies have seen recently:

Juliet, Naked (RomCom, not overly impressed)
    Happy Time Murders (Muppets done with a bit of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and done in an R rated fashion)

Watched Pilot episode of "Jack Ryan", should be good series.

Now you've gotten me curious about Happy Times Murders. I need to make time to watch Jack Ryan Episode 8. It's an excellent team behind the set ... Couldn't really go wrong
  • CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    A Quiet Place! I loved it actually. Def creepy and interesting.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    in theaters, i think it was Solo. I really liked that one a lot. the kid who played him wasn't Harrison Ford, but then nobody else can be. but he did as good as anybody could have. and the movie itself was a lot of fun after that horrible last jedi movie.

plus,
    the semi-twist ending with Maul still being alive. cmon disney give us a Darth Maul vs Darth Vader movie. they're technically both alive at the point in the timeline, and it writes itself if you go with a "Maul seeking retribution against Sidious" storyline because he abandoned him and went with a new apprentice or something like that.

at home, it was this movie on amazon called "Savageland". very creepy, possibly supernatural documentary styled film.
    really well acted and never gives you all the answers either, just enough to leave you guessing for yourself.
  • anchower1973
    anchower1973 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Deadpool 2. Great movie
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Crazy rich asians.
    Loooooved it!!!
  • SarcasticBlondie2
    Options
    A wrinkle in time.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Life of the Party
  • Apriljoyday1975
    Options
    Ideal Home...such a funny film with a lot of truths.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Just returned from watching The Meg. An atypical shark movie. Preferred The Shallows.

Every time I saw the previews, I kept thinking it was a remake of Jaws. I'll still probably go see it. But, seems like I'm not too far off the mark.

There were some very Jaws 3 moments @Functional_strength_ , further punctuated by the conjuring of that eerily "dark depths" something is in the water with me, watching me feeling, that chills your bones!?! Elements of bad shark mechanics@attack to stop short scenes, similar to Deep Blue Sea 1&2. Throw in the Chinese romance vibe ( not too much, thank God!).

You have to squash thoughts of, " there is so much light, it's impossible they aren't disturbing the disphotic zone.

How can you not NOT watch it? You might like it more than we did. We're rather critical when it comes to oceanographic portrayals.

Yep, I did go see it. It was okay, had some Jaws moments in it. Some funny, some over the top. But, overall enjoyed it.

Other movies have seen recently:

Juliet, Naked (RomCom, not overly impressed)
    Happy Time Murders (Muppets done with a bit of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and done in an R rated fashion)

Watched Pilot episode of "Jack Ryan", should be good series.

Now you've gotten me curious about Happy Times Murders. I need to make time to watch Jack Ryan Episode 8. It's an excellent team behind the set ... Couldn't really go wrong

You'll have to check out some of the previews. Definitely not your average Fozzie or Kermit (they aren't in it..) Muppets. But, it is a Hensen production. ;)

I've been holding off on the Jack Ryan, as I think my dad might want to watch it while they're here. Though, they dont' have Prime, so not sure if I should get them addicted to it like I did with "The Big Bang Theory". :laugh:
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hostiles...very good, a bit slow paced, Ben Foster as a bad guy always makes a movie better
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    solorex wrote: »
    I don't recall the last movie I saw in the theater...maybe Guardians of the Galaxy 2... I wanted too catch Ready, Player One but was to busy w/ work (60-70 hour work weeks on an oddball shift). I really enjoyed the book, so I was curious to see how badly they butchered it for the movie.

Last movie at home was Heartbreak Ridge just a few nights ago.

Though the movie differs greatly from the book, they did a nice job capturing the spirit of the book
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Same Kind of Different as Me

Bring tissues.

Thanks for the heads up. I try to stay away from anything remotely sad.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Bring tissues.

I think I need a good cry film. Thank you. 🤗
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options

Bring tissues.

"P.S. I Love You" is a good one for that.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Bring tissues.

I have not watched that one. Appreciate your recommendation. 🤗
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Bring tissues.

It was perfect. Exactly what I'd needed.
    Thank you again @xFunctionalStrengthx. ONLY now, I want to go to Ireland. Next year cannot come quickly enough for me. It was meant to be London and back ... Nope, Ireland and Scotland too whilst I'm already over the pond.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options

Bring tissues.

Thank you again @xFunctionalStrengthx. ONLY now, I want to go to Ireland. Next year cannot come quickly enough for me. It was meant to be London and back ... Nope, Ireland and Scotland too whilst I'm already over the pond.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. It's definitely a tear jerker, and I don't mind saying that I cried a little watching it. I'll be jealous of you when you go over there. Friend of mine just spent two weeks in Scotland. Was so jealous of her...
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Bring tissues.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. It's definitely a tear jerker, and I don't mind saying that I cried a little watching it. I'll be jealous of you when you go over there. Friend of mine just spent two weeks in Scotland. Was so jealous of her...

I would take you along, only it's going to be boring initially, as my sister and I are heading that way for exams.

That was exactly how it was for me ... Teary moments.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options

Bring tissues.

I would take you along, only it's going to be boring initially, as my sister and I are heading that way for exams.

That was exactly how it was for me ... Teary moments.

Boring? Nah, always something to do if others are busy with other things. I'm one who enjoys checking out architecture, the city, people watching. History... If you're going in the summer, there's also the Highland Games in Scotland. Need a butler? I make a great purse hanger. :laugh:

There was another tear jerker of a movie I saw not that long ago. But, don't recall what it was.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    deadpool 2
    avengers: infinity war
    like father