• Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Misty_1375 wrote: »
    Peppermint

(And Jack Ryan is really good!)

OMG!!! How was it? I'm dying to see it!

It was good. Realistic? No. But was exactly what I expected. Good entertainment. And got to see J-Gar relive her Alias kickassery. I love her.

I loved Alias! One of my favs!

Such a great show, right?

TOTALLY!!!! They always cancel the good ones!
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    not a fan of tom cruise thus not a fan of jack ryan movies.

Tom Cruise never played Jack Ryan.

Alec Baldwin
    Harrison Ford
    Ben Afflick
    Chris Pine

Those are the actors to portray him in movies before the current TV series, who is played by John Krasinski (The Office and 13 Hours).

d'oh, thinking of mission impossible

I'm not a fan of Cruise myself. But, I will say that the latest Mission Impossible was the best of them.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    So I'm watching the new Jack Ryan series on Amazon and it's pretty good.....

'Cept there is one actor who plays a CIA Operative, and it's this guy:

giphy.gif

Dilly Dilly!

It's difficult to take him seriously in the Jack Ryan series.

I just watched it!! It’s not bad. I think they could have picked a different guy as the main character though.

Jack Ryan is actually supposed to be kind of meek in the beginning. Harrison Ford's portrayal of Ryan is stated to have been too strong for how Tom Clancy intended.

I just found out that my favourite Clancy novel "Without Remorse" is being adapted to movie. This movie has John Clark as the main character, and is kind of a mentor to Ryan. I'm excited for this movie to happen!!

I am somewhat intrigued by the Tom Clancy books now. I used to read A LOT and have fallen out of that as of late. I do believe I may have to pick up these books and start down the line on reading them.

I've enjoyed a number of his books, and will get back to reading them again after I finish my class I'm in now.

Another author I want to read is Louis L'Amour. I enjoy Western stories, and remember my grandfather reading a lot of his novels years ago. I'd like to see a number of his books get converted to movies as well.

If you want an amazing western, look up: in the rogue blood by James Carlos Blake

Next to Lonesome Dove, it's the best I've ever read.

Also..... Blood Meridian by Cormack McCarthy
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options
    So I'm watching the new Jack Ryan series on Amazon and it's pretty good.....

'Cept there is one actor who plays a CIA Operative, and it's this guy:

giphy.gif

Dilly Dilly!

It's difficult to take him seriously in the Jack Ryan series.

I just watched it!! It’s not bad. I think they could have picked a different guy as the main character though.

Jack Ryan is actually supposed to be kind of meek in the beginning. Harrison Ford's portrayal of Ryan is stated to have been too strong for how Tom Clancy intended.

I just found out that my favourite Clancy novel "Without Remorse" is being adapted to movie. This movie has John Clark as the main character, and is kind of a mentor to Ryan. I'm excited for this movie to happen!!

I am somewhat intrigued by the Tom Clancy books now. I used to read A LOT and have fallen out of that as of late. I do believe I may have to pick up these books and start down the line on reading them.

I've enjoyed a number of his books, and will get back to reading them again after I finish my class I'm in now.

Another author I want to read is Louis L'Amour. I enjoy Western stories, and remember my grandfather reading a lot of his novels years ago. I'd like to see a number of his books get converted to movies as well.

If you want an amazing western, look up: in the rogue blood by James Carlos Blake

Next to Lonesome Dove, it's the best I've ever read.

Also..... Blood Meridian by Cormack McCarthy

Thanks, I've added them to my Kindle list. Not sure will get to them anytime soon. But, have them there. :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    The last movie I saw was deadpool
  • Gngr09
    Gngr09 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    The Nun and it was horrible, don't waste your money. slow mover and just bad.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    The most recent purge movie titled The First Purge

6/10

I didn't care for it at all. It was 👎👎
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options
    Finished watching the Jack Ryan series. All in all, I liked it. Looking forward to the next one. :)
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Jurassic World. 7.5 out of 10. Minimal plot. Basically one death defying action scene after another. There could be another.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    watched it this morning

ls3yn7zpj8ut.jpeg
  • mg_89
    mg_89 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Tag. Hilarious.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    the whole truth-good. lagged here and there but i didn't see the end. not that there was any clues but i guess the wrong murderer

the free world-mixed. i enjoyed a good portion of it but the end seemed out of place. and then the very end seemed liked the regretted the past 15 min or so and tacked on a sad but nonetheless happily ever after

horns-good. it was complicated source material and i would have liked them keep the tree house as it was in the book but otherwise, i think they kept the spirit of the source material. it was a little gross with the deaths but the book was too.

the house with a clock in it's walls I love john bellairs. i had creepy leanings from a young age. so when i saw they were making a movie with blanchett, i was excited. when i saw jack black, i was less excited. when i saw the visuals i was more excited. there were a few childish jokes added that i think the author would have cringed at, he treated children as young adults and poop and fart jokes wouldn't have ever made it into his narrative. the characters were more 2d than in the books. but all that being said, i seriously enjoyed the movie. the banter between blanchett and black was perfect. i can't think of better actors for a movie that promotes that it is good to be weird.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    terminal-it was a little slow moving but overall fun, visually interesting.
    solace-anthony hopkins makes interesting choices in movies. the big secret he was keeping was so obvious it was almost trite. but the movie and the story was intriguing with a psychic angel of death. slightly arty but not art film
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Winchester
    Hostiles

I'd recommend both.

Jurassic Park, Fallen Kingdom (or whatever)

It's exactly what you'd expect from the 37th jurassic park movie.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Husband and I rewatched "Happy Gilmore" last weekend.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    c11ab2eknbxf.jpeg
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    To All the Boys I've Loved Before. It's a Netflix original. My daughter and I watched it.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Jerry Maguire. Ranks barely a meh.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    c11ab2eknbxf.jpeg

"negative waves, man.... woof, woof, woof.... that was my dog."