Fitbit Maitenance

I got a Fitbit for Christmas and I was wondering if anyone else uses to maintain. I set it an inch lower that I am to make it more accurate.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    mari5466 wrote: »
    I got a Fitbit for Christmas and I was wondering if anyone else uses to maintain. I set it an inch lower that I am to make it more accurate.

Check out this group (find your model)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

• dawnda1234
    dawnda1234 Posts: 22 Member
    I just got one 3 weeks ago and synced it to my fitness pal and it is amazing! I have read they are very accurate. It is a fabulous device that helps relieve weight gain anxieties. It also emails you weekly report summaries. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I used it for several years before I got an Apple Watch. LOVE them. They are much more accurate than estimating exercise. Follow the directions on the site. I've maintained 5 years and often eat back all my exercise calories.
  • active562
    active562 Posts: 135 Member
    I have been using it for months and lost my weight thanks to it ! I have been maintaining my weight for months as well and relying on it completely so yes , it does work :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I started using my new one last week and it seems on par with my calculations, so yeah, you can probably use it to maintain just fine.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    nxd10 wrote: »
    I used it for several years before I got an Apple Watch. LOVE them. They are much more accurate than estimating exercise. Follow the directions on the site. I've maintained 5 years and often eat back all my exercise calories.

I just received the Fitbit Charge HR 2 and the Apple Watch series 2. While I like the Apple Watch a little more, the Apple Watch App simply isn't as user friendly as Fitbit's App. However, since I don't count calories I guess it doesn't matter anyway. For someone who does, though, FB is nicer because you can track everything within one App without the need for a third party App too. Apple Watch wins hands down when it comes to Swimming and notifications, though.
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    yes, I do. It's great! Probably no need to adjust higth
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    I do! I have the Charge HR 2 and tracked its calories burned/calories eaten/weight for a few months to determine how accurate it was so I could get a good idea of what maintenance is for me at different activity levels. Found it quite accurate, even moreso with low-impact exercise like walking. I have it tied into MFP so I know each day how I'm doing. So far have been pretty much maintaining (with a little holiday fluctuation) for 6 months.
  • mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    I'm glad to hear! I got the charge 2 as well so I wasn't sure what to expect.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    I used Fitbit for weight loss and still use it now at maintenance - its great for giving me my TDEE, takes the guesswork out of that, and its been pretty accurate for me. I know if I eat almost all the calories it gives me I will maintain my weight.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    nxd10 wrote: »

I just received the Fitbit Charge HR 2 and the Apple Watch series 2. While I like the Apple Watch a little more, the Apple Watch App simply isn't as user friendly as Fitbit's App. However, since I don't count calories I guess it doesn't matter anyway. For someone who does, though, FB is nicer because you can track everything within one App without the need for a third party App too. Apple Watch wins hands down when it comes to Swimming and notifications, though.

The directions I originally used with Fitbit was to count steps there, set MFP activity to sedentary, and log all food and exercise in MFP. So that's basically just the one app plus Activity.

Two things about the watch I like are the reminders to stand every hour (which is supposed to keep your metabolism up and help maintainence) and the Breath reminders. Plus I live in meetings so the silent reminders and texts are a lifeline to me.

But they're both good products. I got Fitbit zips on eBay for $35 and you can't beat that price for a Bluetooth synched fitness device.