Eat less will make u lose weight faster?

It's just a curious question.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    It's equally likely that over restricting will lead to burnout or binging.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    In theory yes.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Yes, but losing faster isn't necessarily a good idea. You risk losing more muscle, as well as other health issues, with too high a deficit.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 797 Member
    That's what dieting is all about really. But in your case I think it's worth pointing out, as others have, that you should maintain a healthy diet above 1200 calories. I'd go one further and say you shouldn't go that low on calories in the first place, maybe 1500-1600 to start and mix in an hour of activity 4-5 days a week. You'll feel better and have far more energy than the 1200 calorie route and more than likely end up looking better in the end and being able to stick with it .
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    Eat less than what?

I was going to ask the same question.. Eat less than what? Less than 2000 calories, 1500 etc etc

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,369 Member
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Just curious, OP. How old are you really?

I am guessing 16 or 17
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    In theory yes.

Yup. But too low a calorie target will cause hunger, cravings, binges, food obsession and lethargy. All these things act against weight loss. Also, too low a target will damage your health.

If your are serious about actually getting to a healthy weight and staying there (rather than engaging in a pointless self-starving ccompetition to prove some kind of point to yourself or the world), then what you need is a moderate deficit, a sensible diet that includes treats, and a long-term plan for how you're going to maintain your weight.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Op you need to add abit more to your post
    If your planning anything drastic be careful. Seen many posts now re hair loss bad skin and loss of periods
  • FrozenPoptart
    FrozenPoptart Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2016
    Caloric deficit it is.
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    Eriel17 wrote: »
    It's just a curious question.

Maybe look at it as "eat better lose weight faster". I feel I eat more since I joined MFP, but its better food. For example my dinner might have once been a frozen fish portion with chips (850 cals), now it's a piece of batter-less fish, potatoes and a big side of veggies (600cals) or instead of a chocolate bar in the evening (345cals) I started treating myself to a nice big bowl of fruit covered in chocolate yogurt (165cals). So in size, weight and feeling full after I'm eating more, but they are good calories so I'm eating better and it helps me lose weight. Don't restrict your food intake, simply adjust it to what you need and never ever starve yourself to lose weight.