NYE!!

Options
Tomorrow I'm looking forward to a big indulgence, as I kept things pretty reasonable over thanksgiving and Christmas. We're having Chinese food (mostly homemade):

Pot stickers (these are frozen, packaged ones - pork)
Egg rolls (same, same)
Sweet and sour pork (homemade)
Szechuan chicken wings (also homemade)
Rice (I'll probably skip that, but my 4 year old doesn't like egg rolls or pot stickers, so it will round out her meal)

Dessert will be popcorn, and the fudge that's leftover from Christmas

Then I have two bottles of prosecco (to split between two adults), not to mention a few different types of bourbon and whiskey :)

Will be waaaay over on calories, and especially carbs (I eat LCHF typically), but well worth it!

What is everyone else planning?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Tradition in my house is black-eyed peas and collard greens. I am going to make a stew with that and some smoked ham hocks.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Mmmm.. Love black eyed peas and collard greens :). We used to do that New Year's Day sometimes. This year we're having roast beef on New Year's Day. The little ones like it better.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Bought an amazing looking NY strip to split with hubby ... and a great Cab to go with it! Not sure what else yet...
  • Eash84
    Eash84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    We're having finger foods! Veggies, pizza dip and ritz crackers, yummies (water chestnuts wrapped in bacon covered in a ketchup/brown sugar "sauce"), a cheeseball and pigs in a blanket.

Yum, yum, yum.
  • Eash84
    Eash84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    And lots of wine. :#
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    To celebrate this New Year's Eve tonight, my GF and I just finished a bottle of 2012 Domaine Caneros by Tattinger (my favorite sparkling wine) along w/about 6 oz of gravlax w/a mustard, agave dill sauce, 6 oz of triple cream brie w/fig spread some mandarin oranges and dried apricots and some Ghiardelli pure chocolate squares.

Over 1k cals each of pure delight and worth it. Skipped dinner and I can fast to make up for the rest of it tomorrow morning. ;)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    We didn't have special food or drinks or extra snacks.
    We played a game and hung out. Had some tea.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    So I'm kinda disappointed... After all that last night I'm only up one lb this morning. :D

Maybe it'll creep up on me tomorrow....
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Turkey cutlets and eggs for brunch and later a brisk 8.2 mile hike followed by tacos from 99% lean turkey breast, tomatoes, peppers, salsa, a little low fat cheese, and carb balance tortillas with roasted okra for dinner. Later on, I had a pint of pistachio halo top.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I slept 6:30-11 so I could be at work at 12. Missed my normal nachos.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    We had plans. Nice party with hubby's coworkers. I had a slinky little number to wear that I was so proud of fitting into.

I low carbed all week to get rid of the Christmas bloat, and it worked a treat.

Then hubby got sick and we never went anywhere. Ended up going to bed early and slept through it all.
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    we did finger foods and I went to bed at 9:30. I am actually down 3 pounds this month and didn't want to gain it all back in one sitting! lol! it's the cheese and crackers that get me. going to bed early helped--cannot overeat if I am asleep!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I cooked some lobster and sauce to go with it. New Year's was never a big thing for the family