Options
    Some of my go-to breakfasts:
    Greek yogurt
    Mini egg frittatas
    Overnight oats
    Steel cut oats with fruit & protein powder
    Bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and lox
    Mashed avocado on toast
    Blueberry pancakes (I eat mine with Greek yogurt instead of syrup)
    Scrambled eggs & veggies
    Leftovers from yesterday
    Eggs on toast
    Fried egg on a sandwich slim with cheese
    Protein shake with fruit, yogurt, & protein powder
    Fried egg on a multigrain waffle
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Bagel thins, scrambled eggs & 1/4 to 1/2 oz cheese.

Tofu scramble on low cal flour tortilla

Oatmeal w/ Greek yogurt

I eat these for lunch which is my first meal of the day:)
  • pageohana6
    pageohana6 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese topped with 1 tablespoon honey, fresh fruit ( I like blueberries), and a granola blend of some sort. I like the brand love crunch. Also daughter showed me and I tried this but 2 eggs mixed with a banana, splash of milk (I use 2%), and dash of cinnamon (optional). Spray pan with PAM, pour mixture in, enough to make a pancake size, and cook on both sides. They are like banana pancakes. According to the recipe feature here it comes out to 78 calories each. Simple and yummy.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What you had for dinner the night before... Or anything you'd normally eat for dinner/lunch.

Or nothing! I like saving my calories for later so I often don't eat until after lunchtime...
  • MikeGettingSmaller
    MikeGettingSmaller Posts: 10 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My doctor told me to not to skip breakfast and gets lots of protein to get my metabolism started. Right or wrong I hit McDonalds on my way to work and get 3 sausage patties and a large black coffee.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I eat all kinds of things...many aren't typical "breakfast" foods either...leftover stews are great for breakfast on a cold morning...grilled trout with some rice is nice...curried lentils...chicken wings...lots of stuff...I mean pretty much anything really...

I also eat typical breakfast items like omelettes, eggs and bacon, oats, etc.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me to not to skip breakfast and gets lots of protein to get my metabolism started. Right or wrong I hit McDonalds on my way to work and get 3 sausage patties and a large black coffee.

If your metabolism stopped I think you'd be dead.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Your doctor isn't necessarily right. For many people, skipping breakfast is the right thing to do. I'm never hungry in the morning. If I am forced to eat breakfast, I always end up overeating the rest of the day. That's also not how the metabolism works. It is always working. It doesn't need to 'get started'. Do you think maybe there's another way to get that protein than McDonald's? Maybe you could do eggs - scrambled, poached, boiled?
    OP, I don't eat breakfast, but if I did I'd probably go for protein. I love eggs. And remember that breakfast doesn't have to be 'breakfast foods'! Have chicken breast or something if you want. Shake it up a lil :)
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Most days a cup of coffee and I'm out the door. I also find if I eat breakfast I get hungrier early in the day.
    Since I don't like all the fancy yogurty, wheat germy, health foods IF I eat something it's generally something everyone here
    would say is wrong. I have no problem with a bowl (3/4cup) of Frosted Flakes in the morning. Yea, it's higher in sugar than bran flakes or steel
    cut oatmeal but c'mon it's only 160 calories and it's enjoyable.i don't ever feel I'm being "punished" by watching calories
    The totals simply is part of my daily log.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    rdmitch wrote: »
    Most days a cup of coffee and I'm out the door. I also find if I eat breakfast I get hungrier early in the day.
    Since I don't like all the fancy yogurty, wheat germy, health foods IF I eat something it's generally something everyone here
    would say is wrong. I have no problem with a bowl (3/4cup) of Frosted Flakes in the morning. Yea, it's higher in sugar than bran flakes or steel
    cut oatmeal but c'mon it's only 160 calories and it's enjoyable.i don't ever feel I'm being "punished" by watching calories
    The totals simply is part of my daily log.

When I could still eat cereal, it was usually Lucky Charms. Even when I was losing weight. I don't agree that "everyone here" would say your cereal was wrong. In fact I think most of us would congratulate you for being able to work a food you love into your goals.
  • phoenix74162
    phoenix74162 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm usually rushed in the mornings. English muffin with peanut butter or a cup of egg whites with a touch of cheese or any veggies I have prepped.
  • ___sthach
    ___sthach Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    my fave is tofu scramble on gluten free corn tortilla with avocado, spinach, tomato, and onions and lime juice and hot sauce! and my drink to go with is peanut butter, spinach, banana, and vegan protein powder shake. this keeps me full quite a long while.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I have a large breakfast spread out from 8-12 every day, I mix it up, but eat at least 500 - 600 cals. Here's a sample:
    Protein shake w/skim milk - 120
    Oatmeal & banana - 250
    Greek yogurt w/sprinkle Kashi - 100
    Evol Egg White & kale sandwich - 150
  • cheiladozier
    cheiladozier Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone