Medications and weight

Options
I recently was prescriped a pill which produces estrogen hormones in the body when taken.
I've noticed that I went up 4 pounds in 4 days while eating at a deficit.
Do these pills make you gain weight/water retention ?

Replies

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I recently made a change in the estrogen I take and I put on a few pounds while my body adjusted to it and then they went away. It was only 2 or 3 pounds and it was gone within a week or so.
  • active562
    active562 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

I recently made a change in the estrogen I take and I put on a few pounds while my body adjusted to it and then they went away. It was only 2 or 3 pounds and it was gone within a week or so.

So basically its just water retention?
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    It sure is. Give your body a little time to adjust.

Weight that comes on overnight like that is usually water weight. If you know you didn't eat enough to actually gain 4 pounds just be patient and it will go away.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Given the time scale and your intake, it can ONLY be water retention. It will sort itself out in time.
  • active562
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    It sure is. Give your body a little time to adjust.

Weight that comes on overnight like that is usually water weight. If you know you didn't eat enough to actually gain 4 pounds just be patient and it will go away.

Thank you :)
  • active562
    Options
    Given the time scale and your intake, it can ONLY be water retention. It will sort itself out in time.