My clothes aren't fitting well...

Options
My clothes, which fit me just fine 30 lbs ago, keep riding up and twisting oddly as I move. But I know that I've lost weight. People are even beginning to notice that I've lost weight. So, what gives?

It's not a big deal in the long run, but it's messing with my confidence a bit because I'm feeling 'fatter' than I was before, even though I know that isn't true. Any advice or commiseration?

Replies

• Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the twisted too as I lost or gained. Clothes are pretty symmetrical from one sleeve or pant leg to the other side. But our bodies aren't. When I've gained I can tell because my pants fit but one thigh is tighter and twisted so it pulls on my butt weirdly and the other fits fine. I hate that feeling! I've noted my shirts pull to one side also, but for me I think that is my scoliosis. Clothes look frumpy sometimes as we lose, don't lose hope though! Because the dumpy look will go away and when something falls off you or you look ridiculous like your swimming in something that used to be fitted is the best feeling in the world! The squishy fat moving affect is short lived and the "I know 100% I've lost weight because this fit me and now it's huge" will last as long as you keep it up! You can't deny big clothes that used to be small!
  • lisamarie327
    lisamarie327 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    if you were wearing the same clothes 30 lbs ago, the fabric would be stretched differently too because your body was different then. my advice would be to focus on building a wardrobe of clothes that look good and make you feel good. get rid of anything ill fitting or that makes you doubt how well you're doing. congratulations on your weight loss!
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Have a good look at your clothing. I find that stuff from less expensive stores and brands is often badly cut, sewn wonky, and ends up asymmetrical. This may be more noticeable when there is less go hold the fabric in place. This could also be true if the clothes are old, worn, or stretched out.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Go to Goodwill or a thrift store and find a few pieces that fit properly that you can afford to wear during this transition period. Also, I encourage you to rely on the facts of your progress on the scales, pics, and measurements rather than your "feelings".
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    @Mini_Medic Thanks! Glad I'm not the only one this happens to lol I've had a lot of NSV with clothing, but it just seemed weird that it was twisting and riding up which is something I usually associate with clothes that are too small.

@lisamarie327 Thank you! :D I may need to start setting aside some money each week for clothes...

@jemhh That's a good point. It seems pretty obvious when you point it out, but it didn't occur to me that they wouldn't fit right anymore.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    @TanyaHooton I'll keep that in mind. It's true that the clothes that I'm having this problem with on a frequent basis are the cheaper things (like my work uniform)

@lorrpb That sounds like a good idea! I've already realized that feelings lie a lot when it comes to weight :wink: According to everything else you mentioned, I'm doing great. It was just getting to me a little, I think, since my clothes are so uncomfortable now.