Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Who takes their meals with them? Social implications?

2»

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited December 2016
    I have health issues that I take my own food everywhere, even at most restaurants. I try to order tea. Most people close to me are used to it, and servers don't care...although they sometimes don't come back if you need an extra refill. Too bad, as I would still leave a decent tip for good service even if I just ordered water.
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    I went to a potluck at my church and I couldn't calculate any of the stuff so I just took veggies and salade. Ppl were mentioning how light my plate was which made me uncomfortable. Then a friend of mine was staring at my plate and then staring at me cus my weight loss is obvious. Idk I'm always uncomfortable in those situations. Sometimes is just put food on the plate is have no intentions of eating so it's not awkward. I offer it to my toddler instead.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,435 Member
    If people aren't eating, I'm not going to eat a meal.

If I'm going out somewhere, I will first look up the restaurant online and see if they've got a menu. Then I'll choose items from that menu while I am in the comfort of my own home or at work ... and I only choose items I want.