4th of July big fat burger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - USA

Options
so nothing like a nice bqq burger on the 4th. How can I engulge in one? Well had a light breakfast and fruit, heading out for a long walk, goind to get some yard chore down and then I will have zero quilt enjoying my dinner tonight. Today wont be a typical day, but is also wont knock me off course and I will be pounding the water and will still be withing in my calorie count.

I used to wake up on day like this and start feasting, snacking all day and night. Probably a 3000+ calorie day if not more. Now I have a plan that is mapped out and that makes is SO much easier to keep the course.

I hope you enjoyself today and the fact you live in the greatest country in the world!!!!!

Replies

• LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My family had a big BBQ yesterday and I did the same thing. Ate a light lunch, cooked for 3 hours, walked and ate a salad for lunch. Didn't have a very good dinner and even indulged in a small piece of low fat cake and 2 HIGH fat chocolate chip cookies. Let my food settle and challenged my children, husband and various family members to a friendly game of soccer and then layed on the ground, put a 42 lbs. five year old on my legs and did 25 leg lifts! Weighed this morning and I am down 1 1/2lbs, have lost another inch off my waist and hips and feel wonderful!! Enjoy your day! It will even out! HAPPY 4TH!! :bigsmile:
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I also just planned my 4th of July food, and now I know I can have fajitas (with corn tortillas and no cheese), peaches and ice cream (light Dryer's ice cream), and three beers! It feels really great to know I can enjoy the foods that I want to on a day like today AND keep within my calories! Now to the treadmill...
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Good Luck Everyone!!!!

We're going to a friends so I've eaten super light so far and worked out this morning. Will figure out if I have to go to the gym later:indifferent:
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That is the best thing (one of them anyway) about this site. I have never been able to enjoy my fave foods guilt free but now I am more aware of what constitutes a healthy day and how to compensate on a day where I want to indulge.

Happy 4th to you from up North in Vancouver BC!
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Luckily I am avoiding the food today by working, but I plan to have a cocktail or two after my workout this afternoon. Although I would rather be lounging on the beach!

Happy 4th to all!
  • Koshie
    Koshie Posts: 61
    Options
    Sounds great! My Gym had a special class for 4th of July, 90 minute Kickboxing/stretching class! I went with my friend and boy I am glad, I didnt know how high in calories my beef brisket is going to be! I am also making a Non Dairy Chocolate mouse for an after dinner snack!

Happy 4th of July everyone!
  • samanthadiegelman
    Options
    I had a light breakfast and lunch then swam around with the kids for an hour, and I am ready for ribs, and still under my calorie goal!