Dry January

Options
Fitgirllife72
Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
Anyone doing dry January this year? I would love to have some people to check in with to help keep me on track.

Replies

• candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am :)
  • pettycoatjunction
    pettycoatjunction Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Dry...probably not. But I will certainly be cutting way back!
  • AnstariaCJ
    AnstariaCJ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am. I think my nights out centre too much on alcohol. Hopefully this will be one achievable small victory that will motivate and contribute to bigger health goals.
  • jayleeskinner
    jayleeskinner Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am
  • sadixon1980
    sadixon1980 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My husband and me are. We started two days ago. Aiming for a dry January then who knows we might aim for Feb as well. One step at a time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • kimandgarybolton
    kimandgarybolton Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am as well! Feel free to add me:-)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • SusanofRockwood
    SusanofRockwood Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Drinking makes me eat uncontrolably. I am in.
  • Fitgirllife72
    Options
    I am so happy to see so many of you are kicking alchohol to the curb for January! I took a 6 week break from drinking during the summer last year and it really changed how i looked at and felt about drinking. It really was a great reset for me. Since October it has creeped back into my life and I am drinking far more often than I would like. I'm hoping taking the month off will get me back to that place where I was last summer. I also lost the bulk of my weight last year when I took the drinking break. Alcohol always leads to poor food choices for me. I'm hoping to get back to that place because i felt better than I have ever felt.
  • shthompson74
    shthompson74 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    October led to the same for me and the increased drinking really set me back fast. My first attempt at a dry month. Fingers crossed... One day at a time.
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am!
  • jayleeskinner
    Options
    We should start a group for this
  • CatherineReynolds
    Options
    I'm in
    Just finished my last drink
  • Fitgirllife72
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ok. Tomorrow I'm going to figure out how to start a group for all of us! I think a group is a great idea!!! @jayleeskinner
  • jayleeskinner
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • jayleeskinner
    Options
    @Fitgirllife72 you go up to same spot where you start discussion and there is a spot that says groups and when you click on that there is a spot to create group:)
  • Fitgirllife72
    Options
    Thank you @jayleeskinner! I have a group set up. It is called Dry January 2017. I don't know how to post the link but if you all search Dry January 2017 it should show up. I will also invite you all but anyone is willing to join who sees this post and wants to participate!
  • amgriffith
    amgriffith Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yep- way too many wasted calories! How do you join a challenge?
  • ssinsal
    ssinsal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!