Can you share meal photos from wonderslim, medifast, nutrisystem or any similar diet/food program?

Options
If anyone is using one of these programs can you please share an image? I am having trouble finding out how portion sizes look plated. I'm considering joining one of them.

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm not currently on Nutri-System, but I was years ago. The portion sizes are not generous.

I feel like I have better control over portion sizes and food volume with regular food. I am a volume eater, and I can choose foods that give me the most volume for the fewest calories when I select my own foods. I could never do a pre-packaged plan again for this reason.

I also have better control over what makes me feel full this way.

Really, doing prepackaged meal plans is convenient, and I understand the draw for you with preparing different meals for yourself and your kids. But it's not sustainable, especially if your financial situation reverses.

I can give you some ideas for really quick vegetarian meals if you'd like. I'm used to doing separate veggie meals for myself and my daughter.

Additionally, with your digestive issues, prepacked meal plans would be a minefield.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in NutriSystem, I know there is a group of users here who migrated over when the NS boards closed. The main group is http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105493-ns-group-users

They also have a separate board for the different meals and their reviews, with pictures. :)http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently on Nutri-System, but I was years ago. The portion sizes are not generous.

I feel like I have better control over portion sizes and food volume with regular food. I am a volume eater, and I can choose foods that give me the most volume for the fewest calories when I select my own foods. I could never do a pre-packaged plan again for this reason.

Really, doing prepackaged meal plans is convenient, and I understand the draw for you with preparing different meals for yourself and your kids. But it's not sustainable, especially if your financial situation reverses.

I can give you some ideas for really quick vegetarian meals if you'd like. I'm used to doing separate veggie meals for myself and my daughter.

Additionally, with your digestive issues, prepacked meal plans would be a minefield.

It wasnt meant to be permanent :) just to give me a break of convenience for a bit as a gift to myself lol the protein seemed better than frozen food. The macros I mean protein/fat/carb ratio
  • Verity1111
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    If you are interested in NutriSystem, I know there is a group of users here who migrated over when the NS boards closed. The main group is http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105493-ns-group-users

They also have a separate board for the different meals and their reviews, with pictures. :)http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews

Thank you! pretty helpful :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »

It wasnt meant to be permanent :) just to give me a break of convenience for a bit as a gift to myself lol the protein seemed better than frozen food. The macros I mean protein/fat/carb ratio

For convenience, I think it would be cheaper to follow the suggestion of doing the Lean Cuisines. You could have packaged oatmeal or yogurt for breakfast, and then the Lean Cuisines for lunch and dinner. I think you'd have more selection and it would be far less fuss.
  • riverain
    riverain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine was on Medifast. It didn't look appetizing at all, and she wasn't enthused about any of it except for one of the chocolate-flavored snack bars. She quickly lost about 20 pounds but then quickly regained when she went back to regular food.

GottaBurn's idea sounds a lot more appetizing! I've been trying to make my own list of convenient diet foods to stock up on, so there is always something easy around to help me make better choices.
  • 4whirly
    4whirly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There are several meal prep services in my city. They offer meal plans - 5 days of breakfast, lunch and dinner - all fresh meals that just need to be reheated. Pick up is once a week, and the customer has two days a week where they are own their own. Cost is the same as any of the packaged food programs you mentioned, and it tastes much better. Maybe Google to see if there is something similar in your area.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    The only knowledge i have on them is that they're rather expensive and are small portions.
  • Verity1111
    Options

For convenience, I think it would be cheaper to follow the suggestion of doing the Lean Cuisines. You could have packaged oatmeal or yogurt for breakfast, and then the Lean Cuisines for lunch and dinner. I think you'd have more selection and it would be far less fuss.

I can't eat oatmeal or yogurt lol so gross! I wouldn't be able to even keep it down. Lol. I eat Lean Cuisine sometimes when I don't want to cook or make a big salad now but it's just not as good as far as protein usually. I mean 150 calorie meal from medifast or wonderslim I saw was like 15g of protein which is good for a vegetarian meal, especially at that low calorie amount. I found someone who is sending me free Nutrisystem stuff to try anyway so money right now I guess isn't needed :) She was giving them away free on craigslist but 60 miles from me so I offered to pay shipping and she said she'd send it to my shipping address free of charge so maybe I'll find something I like and if not I will know not to invest in it.
  • Verity1111
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks all for the ideas! I hear wonderslim tastes the best of all of them and is cheaper a bit too. I also will look into the other meal delivery services similar to what 4whirly mentioned but they can be pricey in the big city (I'm in Chicago). A nice person from craigslist is sending me free nutrisystem things to try (soup lunches and dinners I was told) for nothing, not even shipping costs! I just wrote on a whim to see if they'd ship it to me if I paid and they said dont worry about it theyll send it themselves. :) I will take pictures of portion sizes in case anyone else is wondering like I am! And just for the heck of it and Ill update. ^_^
  • worklogue
    worklogue Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to incorporate some left over medifast and wonderslim items back into my diet I did the tsfl 5&1 it has been the only thing that really worked yes it can be hard to stick to it for a long term but for me cutting out the carbs and sugar works. Add me I'd love to how the nutrisystem works!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I know you are excited but just be careful about your GI issues. Prepackaged meals and shakes can be very bad news for GI sufferers
  • 2016ItStartsToday
    2016ItStartsToday Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi! Im'a 1st-timer to Nutrisystem and here are a few pics of my plated meals.
    Feel free to add me
  • Verity1111
    Options
    worklogue wrote: »
    I'm going to try to incorporate some left over medifast and wonderslim items back into my diet I did the tsfl 5&1 it has been the only thing that really worked yes it can be hard to stick to it for a long term but for me cutting out the carbs and sugar works. Add me I'd love to how the nutrisystem works!

Hey if you go back to medifast or wonderslim do let me know how they work again and if you can take some pictures that would help too? ;) sent a request!
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I know you are excited but just be careful about your GI issues. Prepackaged meals and shakes can be very bad news for GI sufferers

I will! :) Ive been OK lately. a little better than usual although Im failing to figure out why lol
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Hi! Im'a 1st-timer to Nutrisystem and here are a few pics of my plated meals.
    Feel free to add me

Thanks for sharing! I accepted your request and some of that food actually looks really good!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

I will! :) Ive been OK lately. a little better than usual although Im failing to figure out why lol

That's good :)