Fat loss and building muscle?

Options
I've become quite consistent at staying within my calories (well, I had a bad two days in the last 20), but now I have another problem. The scale isn't budging. It's summer, so I've been exercising a lot more than usual (running, swimming, kayaking) and whenever I add those exercises I go onto other sites to check that the calories-burned amount is correct. I am reasonably sure that I don't go over 1300 in a day, which should still be a fair amount of weight loss. So, am I building muscle and losing fat? Or is my body just paused on the weight that it's at now? It's quite discouraging to see almost no difference.

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I doubt that you're building muscle, especially if you're only doing the listed activities as exercise...

Tough to tell without seeing your diary.

Probably just plateaued.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you last saw a drop on the scale? A week or two without a loss is perfectly normal and nothing to be worried about. Six weeks without weight loss probably means it's time to reevaluate.

Are you weighing/measuring/logging all of your food? Your diary is closed, so it's tough to give advice without seeing what you're actually doing.

Do you know your TDEE and BMR? That's usually a good place to start to determine if you're eating enough/too much for your goals. (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/)