2017 - 100 days until I'm 50

Options
RWayne48
RWayne48 Posts: 68 Member
B-Day is March 30th so technically not 100 days - it took me a few days to get my head and body on the same page...2016 was a year of illness and a new injury on top of an old one (back and abdominal) which led to one very unhealthy body. I couldn't climb 3 flights of stairs without stopping, that was rough to experience.

Today's stats (goals are in parenthesis)
blood pressure: 150/82 (120/70)
Rest Pulse 80 bpm (70)
WT 151 lbs (140)
Waist 31.5 inches (28)
brisk walk/hills - cannot go 1/2 hour without stopping to catch my breath (1 hour without stopping)
Weights I can lift 4lbs 1set 10reps (10lbs 2sets 12 reps)

The Plan
CARDIO: Since most of my outdoor exercise will be in the woods (and no way to track miles) I will track time spent on cardio - 1st mini goal is to go 30 minutes without stopping and progress from there.
WEIGHTS: 3x per week I will add weights to my morning physical therapy exercises.
OTHER: Add yoga and indoor biking - need to dig bike out of cluttered garage

The old back injury (car accident 30 years ago) has kept me very timid about pushing myself because I tend to get enthusiastic and over do it and it's one step forward and 2 steps back. So slow and steady will be my pace

On this site I plan to record daily what I've accomplished and I will check my stats weekly

TODAY:
30 minutes snow shoeing - lucky me, I live next to a hilly wooded lot (stopped to catch my breath a few times) saw a lot of tracks - now I need to find out what else is walking in the woods around me :)
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE