Why was 2016 your best year ever?!?!

Options
There's been a lot of people out in the world lamenting how terrible 2016 has been for them (war and crises, celebrity deaths...Trump) but I know 2016 has been my best year ever! I've lost over 135 lbs, and got my life/health together for the first time in a long time, and best of all I got engaged over Christmas week!

As we look forward to 2017 let's take a minute to share why 2016 was your best year ever!!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Awesome....

I've been at this good livin' thing for over four years...2016 was actually the worst from a fitness standpoint. I was injured while training for a time trial series in mid July...I completed one race in the series despite a herniated disk and pinched nerve in my c6/7 which left my left arm and hand mostly numb...I was in a lot of pain to boot.

I wasn't able to complete the other races in the series as I was instructed to back off from my physical therapist who I spent 8 weeks with 2x per week. Literally the day after my PT cleared me to resume riding (easy riding) and light work in the weight room, I jacked my foot...crutches for a short time and then a cane. It would start feeling better and I'd push it and re-injure...basically, I didn't feel particularly good until right around Thanksgiving. I also re-tweaked my neck/back in October doing a ride I probably shouldn't have been doing.

For the last month or so I've been doing some light work on the bike and the weight room just to make sure I'm healed...I'm very much looking forward to 2017 and getting back into action. I have a couple of bucket list rides on the horizon that I'm pretty excited about...just need to start getting those miles in again.

So, I guess I'd be in the good riddance to 2016 camp...just for different reasons.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    contratulations on you weigjt loss and your enagement. cwolfman I hope 2017 is better for you.

we had a lot of emergencies in 2016 but I still think it was a great year. things could jave been worse....focus on tje positives. I took control over my health in may and have had a great healthy journey so far. Have lost 60 pounds and have gained so much strength in many ways. Not quite halfway there but I will get there...bring on 2017!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Well, December was a great month for me because that's when I decided to finally get up off the couch, get back in shape, and lose the extra poundage that I'd accumulated over the past 4-5 years. However, the rest of my year was shite for all the reasons you listed (and then some). Here's hoping for a better 2017!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Actually 2016 was most likely the worst year of my life...
    Buh bye 2016!!!
  • Eash84
    Eash84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    We moved to a very beautiful part of the USA. Definitely not the worst year I've had personally, but could have been better. Though, I'll have to kick these bad habits out of the way that I picked up in 2016.
  • NeuronsNeuronsNeurons
    Options
    There's been a lot of people out in the world lamenting how terrible 2016 has been for them (war and crises, celebrity deaths...Trump) but I know 2016 has been my best year ever! I've lost over 135 lbs, and got my life/health together for the first time in a long time, and best of all I got engaged over Christmas week!

As we look forward to 2017 let's take a minute to share why 2016 was your best year ever!!

2016 was awful and then horrid and then finally just plain vile. BUT I'm glad you had an amazing year. That is AWESOME! Congrats! Some friends of the family won something like $280 million dollars in the lottery and my best friend sold his startup and can now retire in his early 30's so it was clearly a good year for some. I figure it's my turn in 2017!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!