Any South Carolina people here?

Options
Just wondering. I'm always nervous going to weightlift by myself, would be cool to have someone close by, or at least know that someone else in the state is struggling and working hard to better themselves like me.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    it would seem you are the only person in south carolina trying to lose weight.

CONGRATS!

• DarthScabrous
    DarthScabrous Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Seems that way lol. Really hard to say no to southern cookin
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    My BFF lives in SC. She lives in Columbia, SC. Does that count?
    :smiley:
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm in GA. Lived in SC till 7 years ago. :( sorry about that.
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm in SC! Upstate area, but I lie and put greenwood to ward off the profile creepin' psychos. I'm a runner not a lifter but support is close by! The southern food is indeed hard to resist! Sweet potato crunch is just so damn good.
  • DarthScabrous
    Options
    My stepmom made turkey dumplings today, and it was sooo hard to say no.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    My stepmom made turkey dumplings today, and it was sooo hard to say no.

I'm originally from Virginia, and i remember that my grandma made delicious homemade chicken and dumplings when I was a child. I'm fortunate though that my mom was trim and served us very basic, simple, plain foods while we were growing up. So at least I have that as a blueprint.

However, I used to love going to my grandparents' house which included eating rich southern cooking lIke biscuits, gravy, fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, etc.

Like I mentioned before, my best friend moved to SC. I've eaten meals while visiting there and the foods are very heavy and calorie dense in general. It would be very difficult, I imagine, for you to buck the trend and cut calories while eating out or socializing. I can sympathize with you, Darth.
  • DarthScabrous
    Options
    Well, I've found alternatives for most things that are still good, but nothing really for homemade dumplings. Mac and cheese was pretty easy, so I can still get some comfort food without loading my calories in one sitting.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Man, do I like fried chicken, biscuits, gravy, potatoes, mac and cheese, and chicken with dumplings. Turkey with dumplings? Omg, sounds so good.